Foreign Football Coach Demands Unpaid Salary from Cambodian Employer

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Foreign Football Coach Demands Unpaid Salary from Cambodian Employer

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Recently, a new story is shocking the masses on social media, after seeing a foreigner posted a message demanding money from Mr. In Sophin, who owes him about 2,400 dollars in salary, promised for 4 months.

According to the foreigner, who has a Facebook account named Goalkeeper Coach Luis Fernando Vitorino, wrote in English with the content in Khmer:
"Hello friends, please share my suffering, I live in Cambodia. For the past six years, I have never had any problems, but last year I worked as a coach for Mahahang, owned by Mr. Sophin, who promised to pay me. I work every day, never miss a training, but 3 months and no salary for me, as everyone knows I am a foreigner and I have no other way to earn money, I'm really sorry this never happened in my life. "I have a sick father and a wife who need daily medicine. I really need this salary. If anyone can help me, let Mr. Sophin pay me three months' salary, which he promised for two months."
The foreigner also said to beware of this person, because he is still waiting for 4 months for his pay. Now he is making a last desperate appeal on social media.

Separately, Mr. Sok Rasy, who is also a creditor, after seeing the above-mentioned foreigner post about , also accused Mr. In Sophin: "If you keep cheating people everywhere, there will be more victims. This is a disgrace to the Cambodian people, can any ministry be able to handle this person? Maybe he has too much money, so no one dares to touch him!"
- CEN
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Foreign Football Coach Demands Unpaid Salary from Cambodian Employer

Post by hdgh29 »

This guy must be pretty desperate for a job. I would have walked after one month if I hadn't been paid. Maybe there is more here than we have been told so far.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Foreign Football Coach Demands Unpaid Salary from Cambodian Employer

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

People easily get stuck in a debt trap, hoping to recoup their losses. PUC owes staff (both Khmer and foreigners) for backpack from 2021...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic