Where to buy: tire for electric motorcycle - 14 x 2.50

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Where to buy: tire for electric motorcycle - 14 x 2.50

Post by Kammekor »

I bought one of those electric scooters / bikes, but the (tubeless) tires are extremely bad. Need a replacement after less than 1,000 km.

Of course these tyres aren't available in the province, but in Phnom Penh I have not found them yet as well. Anyone has any leads? The numbers on the tires are 14 x 2.50.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Where to buy: tire for electric motorcycle - 14 x 2.50

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:34 pm I bought one of those electric scooters / bikes, but the (tubeless) tires are extremely bad. Need a replacement after less than 1,000 km.

Of course these tyres aren't available in the province, but in Phnom Penh I have not found them yet as well. Anyone has any leads? The numbers on the tires are 14 x 2.50.
Could try calling this shop,

https://goo.gl/maps/zezuvrSrdJo89d497
Always "hope" but never "expect".
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

these guys claim to service all electric vehicles
https://www.facebook.com/loyal555561
Please report your findings.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

If you have the space, the 70/90/14 tires are pretty close in size (it's equivalent of a 14 x 2.75) and are made for the front wheels of older Scoopys, Icons, Clicks, etc. You can get tubeless or tubed versions too.

If it's the rear tire on your e-scooter you're replacing, if you can convince the tire guy doing the job, mount the direction arrow backwards. So it the tire arrow is pointing to the front, have it point to the rear. It has to do with the way front tires are made and the way they are designed to the brunt of the force under braking, but if on the rear then a majority of the force is going to be on acceleration so the "weave" is made the opposite direction.

Probably doesn't matter given how little power those things have, but it's what's done on motorcycles when all you have available is a "front" tire but you mount it on the rear.

If you go bigger with an 80/90/14, those are typical rear tires and then you'd mount it arrow facing forward.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

nemo wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:28 pm these guys claim to service all electric vehicles
He has them, 20$ a piece though, seems steep.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:27 am
nemo wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:28 pm these guys claim to service all electric vehicles
He has them, 20$ a piece though, seems steep.
It always seems expensive when you don't have any.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

SlowJoe wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:12 pm If you have the space, the 70/90/14 tires are pretty close in size (it's equivalent of a 14 x 2.75) and are made for the front wheels of older Scoopys, Icons, Clicks, etc. You can get tubeless or tubed versions too.

If it's the rear tire on your e-scooter you're replacing, if you can convince the tire guy doing the job, mount the direction arrow backwards. So it the tire arrow is pointing to the front, have it point to the rear. It has to do with the way front tires are made and the way they are designed to the brunt of the force under braking, but if on the rear then a majority of the force is going to be on acceleration so the "weave" is made the opposite direction.

Probably doesn't matter given how little power those things have, but it's what's done on motorcycles when all you have available is a "front" tire but you mount it on the rear.

If you go bigger with an 80/90/14, those are typical rear tires and then you'd mount it arrow facing forward.
I bought two new tyres, but there's no marking on them pointing out the direction. Guess I could derive it from the pattern though, but as you said it probably doesn't matter that much on these light machines.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Anything interesting in the Loyal shop?
I see some new models with fat tires on fb
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

nemo wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:05 pm Anything interesting in the Loyal shop?
I see some new models with fat tires on fb
I didn't go and visit, it's a bit out of the way, handled it by phone. He doesn't respond to FB messages Butis fat if approached through Telegram.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

This seems to be the latest iteration
This is the X9 model and it’s $899 with your choice of color. Top speeds of about 50-55kph. Removable battery for easy charging and a range of about 50km
3000 watt, 200 kg capacity
I think they make 3 wheelers too
I will dig up the ebike thread and put some more info on there
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic