3 Injured in Chinese Airport Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

3 Injured in Chinese Airport Accident

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): A group of Chinese men and women were driving a luxury car, brand ALPHARD,along the Russian Federation Blvd. when the driver carelessly turned into the airport and was hit by a motorcycle at high speed.
The incident happened at 10:30 pm on July 3, 2022, in front of Phnom Penh International Airport at the new traffic light along Russian Federation Blvd. in Sangkat Kakap II, Khan Por Senchey, Phnom Penh.

According to sources at the scene, before the incident, a Chinese man and two or three other Chinese passengers were seen driving a white ALPHARD car with license plate Phnom Penh 2BT-5705, traveling from east to west, turning left into the airport, when suddenly a black 2019 Honda Dream motorcycle, driven by a man traveling with two passengers at high speed, hit the right side of the car, causing it to hit the windshield. The three people were seriously injured and were taken by ambulance to the hospital immediately.

After the incident, the local police arrived and contacted the professional police to keep the vehicles while waiting for a legal settlement.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: 3 Injured in Chinese Airport Accident

Post by AndyKK »

Quote - After the incident, the local police arrived and contacted the professional police to keep the vehicles while waiting for a legal settlement.

legal settlement from which party? Would be interesting to see the outcome of this incident.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

The crossing in front of the airport is actually a very dangerous one. The wide road makes all kind of road users simply ignore the traffic lights.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I opened this expecting news about another location
3 injured in Chinese airport accident
I guess I still think of Phnom Penh International being…… Cambodian?
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:58 pm I opened this expecting news about another location
We all know Cambodia is a region of China nowadays :)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

jaynewcastle wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:22 pm
Freightdog wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:58 pm I opened this expecting news about another location
We all know Cambodia is a region of China nowadays :)
That maybe so, but who will the blamed for the accident, I wait in anticipation.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic