Colombia Sends 15 Demining Trainees to Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Colombia Sends 15 Demining Trainees to Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Colombian government sends 15 trainees to Cambodia to learn demining skills
Appeared 8 minutes ago
Monday, May 30, 2022
The Colombian government has sent 15 trainees to study mine action in Cambodia to apply these skills to mine clearance and management in their country effectively and with high quality.

Heng Ratana, the Royal Government delegate in charge of CMAC, said during the training on the morning of May 30 that after the situation of Covid-19 improved, the Colombian government decided to send 15 trainees to train with CMAC in Siem Reap.

Mr. CMAC Director General said that this training course focuses on the topic of quality management and operational standards "for two weeks from May 30 to June 9, 2022.

Mr. CMAC added that out of the 15 trainees, 2 were women, and there are 10 soldiers from the Army, 2 from the Navy, 1 from the Air Force, and 2 representatives from the Ministry of Defense and the Office of the Senior Peacekeeping Mission.
Heng Ratana recalled that Colombia was the first country to receive South-South cooperation cooperation in the field of mine action with CMAC, which so far has had a total of 173 participants and a total of 10 training courses.

It should be noted that this South-South training project is supported by the Government of Japan through the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
https://www.kampucheathmey.com/local-news/321136
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Colombia Sends 15 Demining Trainees to Cambodia

June 11, 2022
CMAC delegation to travel to Colombia

Following the success of the training of Columbian deminers by the Cambodian Mine Action Centre (CMAC) officers, CMAC has been requested to travel to Colombia and provide more training and assistance.

This is according to Heng Ratana, CMAC Director General. Ratana met with Ana Miria Prieto, Ambassador of the Republic of Colombia to Cambodia, Okada Naoya, Second Secretary of the Embassy of Japan in Cambodia and Yanagawa Shinji, Deputy Director of JICA, to discuss the new mission.

Ratana said that seeing the success of the previous training, the Colombian government has re-requested the Japanese government to continue to support the training of Colombian officers for three more years (2023-2025). The Japanese Government approved the request and requested the Cambodian Government to assign CMAC to continue training the Colombian officers.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501092344/ ... -colombia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Former President of Colombia Visits CMAC’s Headquarters
AKP Phnom Penh, June 08, 2022 --
H.E. Andrés Pastrana Arango, former President of the Republic of Colombia and current President of the Centrist Democrat International (CDI), paid a visit to the Cambodian Mine Action Centre (CMAC)’s headquarters in Phnom Penh early this week.

He was warmly received by H.E. Heng Ratana, Director General of CMAC and many other senior CMAC officials.

The former Colombian president took the opportunity to visit Colombian military mine action experts who have been on a mine clearance training with CMAC, under the support of JICA.

H.E. Andrés Pastrana Arango thanked the Royal Government for sharing experience in mine and ERW clearance with Colombia. He recalled the history of landmine in Colombia and urged to strengthen cooperation between both nations.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia, Colombia to Continue Mine Clearance Cooperation
AKP Phnom Penh, July 04, 2022 --
Cambodia and Colombia have reaffirmed commitment for both bilateral and multilateral cooperation, especially under the South-South programme.

The discussion was renewed during a recent meeting between H.E. Oum Phumro, Deputy Director General of the Cambodian Mine Action Centre (CMAC) and JICA and Colombian technical staff on the South-South Programme at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Colombia.

The two sides also cheered an official announcement of continued support for Cambodia-Colombia cooperation, especially under the South-South scheme, despite the change of government, and the third phase of the South-South CMAC-DAICMA programme will last for three years (2023-2025).

CMAC has already provided two phases of trainings to Colombian trainees, with a total of 175 trainees.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic