I have to transfer from Don Mueng to Suvarnabhumi

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

I have to transfer from Don Mueng to Suvarnabhumi

Post by Private Nuts »

Hi guys
I have to go back to Australia for a short time in August and the flight that looks best requires me to transfer from Don Mueng to Suvarnabhumi airport with about 8 hours between flights.
So I'll probably be issued a tourist visa for my going through immigration and transit between the airport's.
Will Thailand require a COVID test (CPR test or whatever it's called)? and will they want travel insurance. I heard that was getting scrapped on July 1st, today actually.
Can you forsee any problems or documents I'll need, or am I better off booking a more expensive flight straight from Siem Reap to Suvaenabhumi, so as to not have to go through immigration in Thailand and then back to Australia. Any help would be appreciated, Cheers.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: I have to transfer from Don Mueng to Suvarnabhumi

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

You won't need a Visa, Aussie passport holders get Visa exempt entry. You'll need to meet the entry requirements below.

With effect 1st July...

Private Nuts
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Private Nuts »

Thanks mate. So, I've got my vaccine card, it shows two sinopharm vaccines. I had the third shot but it was written onto my card, but I'm sure it's on the system if they swipe the QR code.
Where do you go to get an actual certificate for proof of vaccine?. I'm in Siem Reap. Do they charge for the certificate do you know?. I wonder how long it's valid for.
Anyway it sounds as though I just need a certificate to prove I'm vaccinated.
Also, are Thailand with cool with the sinopharm vaccine?. If you or anyone knows that would helpful to.
Thanks again mate!.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Cambodian Vaccination Card accepted for entry into Thailand, not sure about Australia though. To get the official MoH Vaccination Certificate, you need to scan the QR Code on your card and request the certificate via Telegram, it's free but can take up to 3-4 weeks to get if you're unlucky, there are a couple threads already on this forum explaining it.

Accepted vaccines for travel to Thailand https://astana.thaiembassy.org/en/page/ ... 53da15b3e2
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

https://search.vaccine.gov.kh/
request the certificate by clicking in the appropriate place,( at bottom, "request for....." ) takes 5 days to 1 month ( i got refused twice before finally got it)
you need have telegram on ur phone and than go have it printed out

Transfer between airports is like 45 minutes to 1 hour by taxi
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:06 pm Cambodian Vaccination Card accepted for entry into Thailand, not sure about Australia though. To get the official MoH Vaccination Certificate, you need to scan the QR Code on your card and request the certificate via Telegram, it's free but can take up to 3-4 weeks to get if you're unlucky, there are a couple threads already on this forum explaining it.

Accepted vaccines for travel to Thailand https://astana.thaiembassy.org/en/page/ ... 53da15b3e2

Sorry to be a stick in the mud but .... The notice you posted says ‘Certificate of vaccination’ required ......
Like many here, my Cambodian certificate still hasn’t arrived :-(

I asking you if just my Cambodian vaccination card will get me through immigration at Bangkok Airport as I plan to visit for a week or so within Thailand.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@CaptainCanuck, the Cambodian Vaccination Card is accepted for entry into Thailand.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:12 pm @CaptainCanuck, the Cambodian Vaccination Card is accepted for entry into Thailand.
Thank you very much. I’m so looking forward to seeing old friends again. :-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic