Deadline for Registering Online Businesses is 1 July 2022

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Deadline for Registering Online Businesses is 1 July 2022

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Image :assasin:
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On the afternoon of 27 June 2022, Mr. Pen Sovicheat, Undersecretary of State and Spokesperson of the Ministry of Commerce, stated that online businesses that do not possess permission from the Ministry of Commerce to operate will be fined and may be subject to penalties as stated in the E-Commerce Law. The Ministry of Commerce will start fining traders who do not register their online business from 1 July 2022 onwards.

In addition, Mr. Pen Sovicheat has also claimed that the Ministry of Commerce is working closely with the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications to monitor the activities of sales made online or the use of the internet in doing business.
According to Mr. Pen Sovicheat, the Ministry has so far received more than 300 applications and some have passed registration and licensing. However, there are still some applications that have not been processed due to a lack in supporting documents.

Please note that six types of online businesses are exempt from registration, which includes:
1) If you only advertise your goods or services that does not form a contract. For example, if you are simply advertising that you have a good agricultural product, but you do not declare the price of your product and do not accept orders. Such activities would be exempted because that wouldn’t amount to providing commercial services.
2) Reserving non-deposit services and providing various information for your customers or users, will generally not create a contract, and won’t be required to register.
3) the sale of goods or services of natural persons which are below the taxable income level of a small taxpayer. This means that if a businessman makes income of lesser than the small taxpayers regime (i.e under KHR 250,000,000 per annum), it is not necessary to register. However, it is important to study the law to find out whether your business is below the tax rate as a small taxpayer
4) the sale of goods or services that are family oriented according to the season. For example, some growers advertise on social media that the mango season is here or the durian season is here, but they do not sell it regularly. Although such services may form a contract, they are only provided for a certain period of time and not on a regular basis which would require a permit to operate.
5) selling goods as works of art. For example, a painter placing a painting on their own Facebook profile to show their works would not require them to apply for a permit as it is the result of their artistic work.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Deadline for Registering Online Businesses is 1 July 2022

Post by AndyKK »

Rant, and even rave. Yes, I am a foreigner too the country, and that of a foreigner who is referred to has a guest of the country, also one who has very few rights (if any at all). Come on let's be honest with one another, my own people would now call me a hatter, a few members on this forum site, saying (or thinking you, I don't belong here) so, why don't you go back to your own country. I ask you why should I be branded into that category, is it because I tell it how it is.
I was in business some years back, and I employed a few Khmer, full-time and part-time, Khmer who never had regular work before, because many of them in this country live day to day and hand to mouth.
I had always done everything expected by the book and legal (not so, how some Khmer in officialdom, because they missed their cut).
Not only my lively hood was over in one fine swoop, and that of the people who I employed! It was the officials of the works and labor department who thought they were giving me correct advice at the time, I couldn't apply for my EB EOS until I received my tax permit, being a delay with the tax office. So, the works and labor department told me if I qualify for the ER EOS, do that until the tax office sorts out your tax patient. But the new law following very quickly, once acquiring an ER EOS you are unable to revert back. So, this meant 3 of us out of work, because of wrong information, when I confronted the officials of the works and labor department, the answer was typical "OH WELL" nothing we can do".

Quote from the article above - Please note that six types of online businesses are exempt from registration, which includes:
If you are Khmer.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Deadline for Registering Online Businesses is 1 July 2022

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

July 1, 2022
Ministry delays fines for online businesses

Following the announcement of fines and penalties for unregistered online businesses, the Ministry of Commerce announced that it will be delaying the implementation of fines for unregistered online businesses.

According to the notification on the extension of fines for applying for a license or e-commerce license, the Ministry of Commerce postponed the fine for online businesses until July 3.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501105185/ ... usinesses/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic