Keystone cops

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Keystone cops

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Chad Sexington wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:30 pm
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:24 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:15 pm I recall a quite a few years back seeing video footage (possibly on Liveleak) where a bunch of cops in either India or Pakistan, armed with batons and broom handles, tried to apprehend a guy armed with a knife.
In the space of 30 seconds, a clusterfuck occurred where a half dozen cops were stabbed, several of which (3 possibly 4) died from their wounds. I’ve tried unsuccessfully to track down the footage.
A person armed with a knife, intent on stabbing people can do a hell of a lot of damage in a very short space of time, Taze the fuckers or shoot them, do not attempt to grapple with a knifeman.
My 2 cents.
That's my thoughts, I don't see this type of scenario being played out in practical reality. Any sort of movement renders those contraptions completely redundant. It's only a short step removed from throwing a fishing net over the perp.
Yeah, that ‘demonstration’ in the video was ridiculous, pinning him down with a forked stick like he’s a snake, I half expected to see an attempt to extract venom from the guy.
Thing is that guy was sleek by Pattaya resident standards, I think they'd need to have a supersized prong to fit the extra girth of the beer bellied brigade.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

The method in the video will work well if the perpetrator with the knife decides to just stand there and fall down when touched gently with the giant clumsy fork device.

Why not use a taser?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I can’t believe how so few people fail to see the serious side of this.
Someone not only came up with the idea, but probably got paid for it, and managed to sell it’s virtues to the extent that the police took it seriously.

Ps. Was anyone else waiting for someone to walk into the picture with a ten foot plank?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic