Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by Chad Sexington »

Kenr wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:27 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:12 pm
Kenr wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:29 am None of it really matters. Not only do police officers in the United States have qualified immunity, several Supreme Court rulings have made it clear that police officers are under no legal obligation to protect the community, even in situations like this.
Playing Devils Advocate here.
The police get flack from somebody each and every time they use deadly force, there’s mobs screaming for the police to be defunded, popular music advocating “fuck the police!” yet the same police force is expected to blindly rush into the line of fire?
We all know what we think should have been done, but who really wants to be the first through that door, knowing there’s a maniac with an assault rifle on the other side?
Monday morning quarterbacks, is the expression I believe.
I’m not judging either way, and I’m not being a Monday morning quarterback, so try again. The post right before mine that I was referring to was talking about what the police response was, and I just stated what the laws were here in the United States. I wasn’t there so I don’t know what happened, but it doesn’t matter, because the police cannot be held accountable anyway.
That was in no way intended to infer you were judging, my bad.
It was a post in response to, as you stated, the previous post to yours, and your own post in regards to what the police are, and are not expected/obliged to do in a situation such as has occurred.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic