Old 110cc automatic fuel economy?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Old 110cc automatic fuel economy?

Post by SlowJoe »

Hi everyone,

Tank of 4 litres barely lasts me 100 km, seems low. My old 125cc fuel injected auto did 250-280 km on a 5 litre tank for reference.

Never had an old 110 auto carbed bike, so unsure of what fuel economy is supposed to be.

Wondering if anyone here has a similar bike I can compare numbers to.

Thanks,
Joe
J. Visiting
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Old 110cc automatic fuel economy?

Post by J. Visiting »

That is low.
My old 110 (2014, injected) got 180, so fill up a lot.
My new 110 gets 220 km per tank. Almost good. I asked AndyK about changing the tank for a bladder tank which could hold more fuel. There is plenty of room around that tank.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

J. Visiting wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:20 am That is low.
My old 110 (2014, injected) got 180, so fill up a lot.
My new 110 gets 220 km per tank. Almost good. I asked AndyK about changing the tank for a bladder tank which could hold more fuel. There is plenty of room around that tank.
220 km, I don't know about you, but these days there is no way I could sit on a bike that long. 220km gives you plenty of time to fill up. I have to admit when I take a trip, I like to keep a full tank.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

When gas was cheaper i used to fill my tank and it would last forever , now I fill it and the next day it’s almost gone ,
I don’t know if god is fkn with me or if some cunt is ripping me off ..
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Well, seems like I've got some work to do.

Bike is really old and in not so great shape, but hopefully I can get it use less fuel, maybe 150 ks a tank would be nice.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

SlowJoe wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:37 pm Well, seems like I've got some work to do.

Bike is really old and in not so great shape, but hopefully I can get it use less fuel, maybe 150 ks a tank would be nice.
Adjust valves, change air filter, change spark plug check no rolling resistance in brakes/wheels and make sure cvt belts are not slipping - if all these are fine then prob needs carb changed for a new one
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:43 pm
Adjust valves, change air filter, change spark plug check no rolling resistance in brakes/wheels and make sure cvt belts are not slipping - if all these are fine then prob needs carb changed for a new one
That's the problem, I've already done all that minus the spark plug. Has a lot more power than it used to when I salvaged it though, so that's a start.

Before I was getting sub 20s per litre, so over 25 is a definite improvement but still not great. Probably needs a rebore in all honesty, I need to add oil every time I fill up as well so the rings are probably on their way out.

Was just hoping there was something simple I was missing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic