How would this happen?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

How would this happen?

Post by kagi »

Going up or down

\
GEORGE TOWN: A 55-year-old man had to endure pain for almost 30mins after both his legs were stuck in an elevator between the first floor and the ground floor.

It was learnt that the incident happened at Desa Pinang II flat, Sungai Pinang, Penang in the wee hours of Saturday (June 18).

The victim is now reported to be in a safe condition after members from the Jalan Perak Fire and Rescue station took 10mins to remove him using special equipment.

When contacted, state Fire and Rescue Department director Saadon Moktar said the victim was sent to the hospital and the police would take over the case.

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: How would this happen?

Post by hanno »

Poor maintenance I guess. Had the cable snap on our service elevator last week; pretty lucky nobody got hurt. Elevator was actually out of order, but one of the staff ignored the warning signs, turned it on, and the elevator hit the ground.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

hanno wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:10 pm Poor maintenance I guess. Had the cable snap on our service elevator last week; pretty lucky nobody got hurt. Elevator was actually out of order, but one of the staff ignored the warning signs, turned it on, and the elevator hit the ground.
This definitely puts me off living in a highrise in Cambodia. I would not trust the elevator because of uncertain maintenance.
DankSinatra
BANNED
New Zealand

Post by DankSinatra »

Never get into an elevator in the KOW without water, beer and snacks.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I had a very robust discussion with the hotel management at the crew hotel recently, after I was stuck inside for only a short time.

The control panel had been levered off the wall, and simply hung back in place, none of the buttons worked on the panel inside the lift, including the call button, and the electrics were a bit flaky.

It turned out that the maintenance staff knew, as this was the state of the lift following its service the previous day by an external company. But no one had disabled the lift. Nobody took responsibility, although everyone from the janitor to the laundry assistant claimed to be in charge. 45minutes later, they still weren’t convinced, because some twat kept pressing the button on the outside, which opened the doors fine.

Nigeria! Fucktards everywhere.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

DankSinatra wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:51 am Never get into an elevator in the KOW without water, beer and snacks.
.....and some Valium
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic