Posting photos.

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Posting photos.

Post by Chad Sexington »

Self confessed ‘Tech Bozo’ here.
I’m trying to post a photo but am getting a “Computer says no! file is too large” (or words to that effect) message, yet it’s a photo taken with my iPhone in the usual way I’ve taken photos and successfully posted on CEO earlier.
Id really like to upload this photo, any help/advice to enable me to do so would be greatly appreciated.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Posting photos.

Post by phuketrichard »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:37 am Self confessed ‘Tech Bozo’ here.
I’m trying to post a photo but am getting a “Computer says no! file is too large” (or words to that effect) message, yet it’s a photo taken with my iPhone in the usual way I’ve taken photos and successfully posted on CEO earlier.
Id really like to upload this photo, any help/advice to enable me to do so would be greatly appreciated.
u need to edit the size down, plenty of easy software to use, happens all the time to me

Gonk, please increase size allowed

found this in a quick duck duck go search

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

All the photos I take with my phone are to big so I screenshot them, the screenshots upload, I don't have a camera
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Yeah, I believe we upped the file size limit a few years back already. We could up it more, but really, there needs to be a reasonable limit, or the images take way too long to load.

As Richard said, you'll have to resize it to make it work. You can do that somewhat easily on imgur.com

Sorry about that, but I really don't think we should up the limit again.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:42 am
u need to edit the size down, plenty of easy software to use, happens all the time to me

Is there really a need to post 16MP images on a forum? Even 2hen you look at it on a laptop with an UHD screen only 8MP is shown. The average phone screen is a lot smaller than that. Even VGA pictures (640x480 pixels) will do in most cases.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:34 am Yeah, I believe we upped the file size limit a few years back already. We could up it more, but really, there needs to be a reasonable limit, or the images take way too long to load.

As Richard said, you'll have to resize it to make it work. You can do that somewhat easily on imgur.com

Sorry about that, but I really don't think we should up the limit again.
Now please explain why it's so hard to post a video on here direct from our phone, same system as with a photo, without going through the u tube system.

Just asking.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:42 am

But that doesn’t explain why, with two (to all intents and purposes) similar pictures, that one will upload and the other won’t ?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:15 am
Now please explain why it's so hard to post a video on here direct from our phone, same system as with a photo, without going through the u tube system.

Just asking.
Video file sizes are huge, Youtube compresses them.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

What are the limits? I don’t think ever tried to load directly; I’m not sure that I Kew you could.
I use external hosting for photos, as that’s the way other sites work, mostly. For the very reason of storage and bandwidth.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I host all my pics externally using freeimage.host and copy the link for bb full size and paste here to share pics, very easy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic