NHAM24, seller oriented customer unfriendly platform?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: NHAM24, seller oriented customer unfriendly platform?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:04 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:49 am
Cambodia is classified as a lower middle income country by the world bank

"3rd world" is boomer speak from cold war era and is a nonsensical way of classifying countries.
Not necessarily 'boomer speak'. Anyone old enough to have a memory of the 1989 events will be used to the term '3rd world'. It is obsolete now, and indeed of very little to no use.
Yeah, it was still used when I was a kid in the 80's but comes from cold War era hence why I referred to it as boomer speak
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

hdgh29 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:32 am
Its as if we have forgotten we are living in a (cheap) third world country, and our expectation is that businesses are managed by well educated, well trained people."who you foolin, me? you? wake up ni**er before we all through"
Cheap? A case of tonic costs the same here as back home. Nothing cheap here.

NHAM24 is a platform operating between buyers and sellers, like all other platforms, with an app, a helpdesk where they actually can write understandable English, and they've been pretty successful in the past (maybe backed by covid). You'd expect them to have their customers' relations thought through, right? I don't expect them to hire uneducated farmers to do customer relations, app development, marketing etc etc. Do you?
Just because NHAM24 happens to operate in Cambodia I should expect price changes after a sale has been finalized? And I should simply accept a refund into some 'app wallet' instead of into my bank account because 'this is Cambodia'?

Labor in Cambodia is cheap though, I agree. Back in the West the phone call from the platform to me (to ask me to cough up more money because the shop had raised its' price and not changed it on NHAM24) would have cost more than the price difference itself. Here it looks like it's not only viable to make those calls, but buyers also accept this kind of sh*t, otherwise they wouldn't have tried, would they?
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:29 am
xandreu wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:00 pm
ali baba wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:54 am
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:45 pm For the sake of PR I would always suck it up.
It's interesting that your only concern is PR and you make no mention of being responsible for your own mistakes.
Are the two mutually exclusive? By sucking it up, doesn't that demonstrate a responsibility for your own mistake, which, in turn, then goes on to promote good PR? I'm not a business owner myself but this seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me.
Its as if we have forgotten we are living in a (cheap) third world country, and our expectation is that businesses are managed by well educated, well trained people."who you foolin, me? you? wake up ni**er before we all through"
Cambodia isn't a third world country and this is a service based economy.

Raise your expectations
I don't actually have any expectations, I deal with what is, not what I would like it to be. Who am I to impose my foreign expectations on a society that has different values to those I left behind. Lower yours, I say.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

hdgh29 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:39 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:29 am
xandreu wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:00 pm
ali baba wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:54 am
It's interesting that your only concern is PR and you make no mention of being responsible for your own mistakes.
Are the two mutually exclusive? By sucking it up, doesn't that demonstrate a responsibility for your own mistake, which, in turn, then goes on to promote good PR? I'm not a business owner myself but this seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me.
Cambodia isn't a third world country and this is a service based economy.

Raise your expectations
I don't actually have any expectations, I deal with what is, not what I would like it to be. Who am I to impose my foreign expectations on a society that has different values to those I left behind. Lower yours, I say.
No.

Getting what I pay for isn't a "foreign expectation"

And it is a service based economy

If you are happy with shit service and put it down to "different values" that's on you
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic