Changing Motorbike colour

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
MrBen87
Expatriate
Great Britain

Changing Motorbike colour

Post by MrBen87 »

Hi Everyone !

I want to change my motorbike colour from white, which is on blue card . Will it be a big issue if stopped by police ?

I would also appreciate any good suggestions for spray shops in PP too thanks .
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Changing Motorbike colour

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Seeing as the blue card is for Veitnamese motos and this is Cambodia - nah it won't cause trouble
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

If you have a bike that says "blue" on the card and the bike is white, I doubt there's a problem (if that's what you meant, I'm not sure).

I rode a Black bike that said "Gray" on the card for years with no problem.

I didn't change the colour though, the office issued it wrong from the beginning.

I also rode a Scoopy for a year that was registered as a "Wave 100", again, issuing office made a mistake on the name because the card had the right engine and chassis No.

My last scooter's ID card was registered to me, and I was listed as a "Female"...
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

MrBen87 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:27 pm

I would also appreciate any good suggestions for spray shops in PP too thanks .
Wrap is better quality than a PP bike shop spray job
MrBen87
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by MrBen87 »

ok thanks , sounds like wont be much of an issue and wrap is better , cheers
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Wrap is also cheaper, and if you ever came across an issue you can just remove it.
According to the loose Cambodian traffic laws, you can make no modifications to your vehicle. That certainly means no colour change, do at your own discretion, my bike's have all had colour changes and up to now I have had no issues.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

SlowJoe wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:15 pm If you have a bike that says "blue" on the card and the bike is white, I doubt there's a problem (if that's what you meant, I'm not sure).

I rode a Black bike that said "Gray" on the card for years with no problem.

I didn't change the colour though, the office issued it wrong from the beginning.

I also rode a Scoopy for a year that was registered as a "Wave 100", again, issuing office made a mistake on the name because the card had the right engine and chassis No.

My last scooter's ID card was registered to me, and I was listed as a "Female"...
mine says female too , it means the moto is female . like a honda dream you step into it like a girls bike ,so it’s female
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic