No more articles from The Times

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: No more articles from The Times

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Sounds like I dodged a bullet not reading the Love Island article and thread. ( Searches for Hover Mower emoji ). 😂
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:46 pm Actually what interested me about the Love Island article was the point about cosmetic surgery, the media and self-loathing.

Cosmetic surgery is a rapidly growing thing in Cambodia atm.

I cannot comment on bush-shaving. Lack of research data.
Likewise.
People’s very superficial view of self, and often others. I have a fairly distinctive nose, which I didn’t care for much as a kid. Neither did most of my classmates, apparently. But, in later life, I’ve noticed that it serves its purpose and is not overly intrusive. Interestingly, in Asia, it meets with significant approval among many; Especially in Cambodia. I’m not expecting any statues, though.
At the same time, there have been many comments about nose surgery among women.

I find that many people don’t really know in themselves what they really like, and equally have a poor understanding of what others like.
As a result, breast enlargement, nose adjustment, and a myriad of other adjustments which are likely unnecessary. Often expressed as men liking large assets, when that is true of only a percentage of men.

There was a very relevant discussion about this at home recently, where swmbo’s opinion was equally poorly formed. Being a quite small Cambodian, she didn’t understand the concept of large breasted, but otherwise small females. I’d brought up the subject of a girl from when we were at school- typical segregated schooling, how could/did we even know about girls? (A whole topic of its own)

This particular girl was very well endowed, to the extent that being only just over 5ft, she started to have back problems, and her doctor was of the opinion that reduction surgery was an appropriate consideration. Her parents were apparently against it from an aesthetic surgery point of view, while she was for it from a relief on her back problems aspect.
At around the same time, there had been some highish profile news articles about enhancement surgery among teenage girls, heavily supported by their mothers.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I don't get the criticism of the restaurant specials. They're in their own separate threads, so it really couldn't be easier for anyone not interested to skip them.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:13 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:29 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:44 am FYI, several members have questioned the relevance of the Times articles I have posted to this Rest of the World section (Love Island, Asil Nadir, Heavy drinkers more healthy, Johnny Depp, Rebekkah Vardy etc). And the Mods are lukewarm.
It takes a bit of time to copy and paste and clean them up and I'm running the risk of getting my subscription to The Times getting cancelled, so I won't do any more.
Thank you Roz for your like. I'm pleased this will leave more space for you to promote your CV and gluten-free businesses.
I post a lot more than CVs and gluten free and you know it, you cheeky bugger.
At least the stuff I post is relevant to our life in Cambodia including the live music scene, restaurants and newsy titbits I find.

I just don't see how the subject of vagina hair shaving is relevant on this forum.
More titbits please and less vigina hair.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I sometimes read the Times ( I am a recovering gruniad reader) and often find articles that are funny and/or relevant to current politics and issues that I think would be of interest and would get a debate going. Armchair Lawyer puts them in the exact place where they should be "the rest of the world" so what is the problem ? I saw that article in the paper read it and moved on.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:44 am FYI, several members have questioned the relevance of the Times articles I have posted to this Rest of the World section (Love Island, Asil Nadir, Heavy drinkers more healthy, Johnny Depp, Rebekkah Vardy etc). And the Mods are lukewarm.
It takes a bit of time to copy and paste and clean them up and I'm running the risk of getting my subscription to The Times getting cancelled, so I won't do any more.
I appreciate your posts and comments. Obviously, I am not interested in every topic, but I don't have to read every topic.
It would be a pity if you started self-censoring.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Seems like a sound idea to stop posting the articles if the community doesn't want them posted and you are also going to lose your subscription for doing so.

Why don't the people questioning the relevancy just not open and post in the topic if they don't think it is relevant? Those topics you posted, I have not opened all of them since some of them didn't interest me. Easy, innit?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic