Energy Crisis: Greta Has Died and Gone to Heaven

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Energy Crisis: Greta Has Died and Gone to Heaven

Post by Kammekor »

This mess bores me to death because I am convinced we are treating this planet in a sustainable way for the future of our species.

I am right, right?
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

I'll probably get hammered for this :facepalm: and please don't call me a raciest but how is the Britt's appear to be prepared to let their poor and pensioners freeze to death yet they have have so called "refugees" living in the lap of luxury in 5 star hotels ??
Somethings very wrong with this picture.
Its almost like the UK poor and elderly they are a bane on society fought wars to protect queen and country now brushed aside with priority given to refugees ?? WTF :chin:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Ozinasia wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:43 pm I'll probably get hammered for this :facepalm: and please don't call me a raciest but how is the Britt's appear to be prepared to let their poor and pensioners freeze to death yet they have have so called "refugees" living in the lap of luxury in 5 star hotels ??
Its almost like the UK poor and elderly they are a bane on society fought wars to protect queen and country now brushed aside with priority given to refugees ?? WTF :chin:
Are you sure it's all 5 star? I'm under the impression they're renting up anything one star or up to cope with demand.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

of course not all but many are , either way https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60249130 HUGE money allotted to refugees fair enough but what about the UK citizens ? If say an old age pensioner cannot afford heat would they put him up even in a budget hotel ?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Ozinasia wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:13 pm of course not all but many are , either way https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60249130 HUGE money allotted to refugees fair enough but what about the UK citizens ? If say an old age pensioner cannot afford heat would they put him up even in a budget hotel ?
They have council estates - subsidised housing for pensioners.
TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TheImplication »

Ozinasia wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:43 pm I'll probably get hammered for this :facepalm: and please don't call me a raciest but how is the Britt's appear to be prepared to let their poor and pensioners freeze to death yet they have have so called "refugees" living in the lap of luxury in 5 star hotels ??
Just look at the US and the recent Ukraine deal. What are they at, 50-60 billion in aid now? It’s funny how that much money can just materialize out of the blue, but helping Americans or securing its own borders is out of reach. And as for UK refugees, imagine taking in 2 million illegals a year with them, because that’s what the US is currently at. They all get bused into the interior of the country and housed at hotels just the same. Their court date may be 3-5 years down the road due to the backlog. UK and US citizens aren’t on the priority list, but are expected to pay for it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic