banning films

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

banning films

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

This is a response to the ban last week of a film about islam by a couple of cinema chains here in the UK. A few muslims said it was an insult to islam and threats were made. The film was made by a Muslim but obviously the wrong sort of Muslim

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: banning films

Post by Freightdog »

I have to admit to a certain amount of irritation at this particularly peaceful branch of humanity.
The hysteria involved. It’s almost Satire.

In the past there were threats against a teacher when the children named the class mascot (a teddy bear, if memory serves) muhammad. muslim students choosing a muslim name, for a muslim school’s class mascot. Blasphemy, uttering his name in vain. Yet, the name is a common name, in common usage.

Meanwhile, some people (male and female) in parts of the Indian sub-continent have a ginger rinse because apparently the prophet was a ginger. Or Scottish, maybe.
It’s almost worthy of a little Britain skit.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

You realise that the demo was taking the piss and is satire ? Apologies if you do as I am not sure. This is an interview with 2 people regarding the actual film that was banned by several cinema chains. I think the Imam should be put on a mainstream TV channel for a debate about this affair

tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Freightdog wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:33 pm I have to admit to a certain amount of irritation at this particularly peaceful branch of humanity.
The hysteria involved. It’s almost Satire.

In the past there were threats against a teacher when the children named the class mascot (a teddy bear, if memory serves) muhammad. muslim students choosing a muslim name, for a muslim school’s class mascot. Blasphemy, uttering his name in vain. Yet, the name is a common name, in common usage.

Meanwhile, some people (male and female) in parts of the Indian sub-continent have a ginger rinse because apparently the prophet was a ginger. Or Scottish, maybe.
It’s almost worthy of a little Britain skit.
Last year a teacher in Bately in the UK used a picture of the prophet in a lesson about religious studies. He was threatened by a mob outside the school, lost his job and had to leave town, he is still in hiding and unlikely to be able to teach again. The government, the local council, the education dept and his union did nothing ?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:17 pm You realise that the demo was taking the piss and is satire ? Apologies if you do as I am not sure.
Are you suggesting that Jurassic wotsits wasn’t an affront to people’s sensibilities?

Moving on. The good book, and I’m presuming the holy Karen* as well, takes some liberties with time, gestation periods, and working time regulations, but I’m guessing that any photographs or paintings of the various revered persons are using some artistic licence.

*deliberate misspelling
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic