"Wife screwed me over" sale, Kampot. Fridge, washer ($350 for both), many $5 things, tools, shelves, etc.

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: "Wife screwed me over" sale, Kampot. Fridge, washer ($350 for both), many $5 things, tools, shelves, etc.

Post by SlowJoe »

atst wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:24 am Living with a girl here everything is in thier name so you must be prepared for it to turn to shit.
That's my rant.
Car and 1 house was in my name...still got sold out from under me and the money disappeared. If your wife wants the money, she will GET the money!, lol... Trick is to find a girl who wont do that to you, no matter how hard or easy it is to steal stuff.

Also my backup plan back home completely unwound and fell apart during the pandemic... I'm not about to go into all the legal details of my life story, but I'm not that stupid as to just let someone have everything in their name and not have an exit plan or two in place. Doesn't matter though obviously in this case, but what I'm trying to say is don't think your plans will save you. If the universe wants to unwind your plans, it will unwind them like they never existed.

But okay, end of my rant, I'll just keep going and going if I don't stop, and it wont bring back what I lost and I'd rather move forward at this point.

As for the kind stranger above (and all the other kind strangers who reached out during the last two days, I want to say thank you). I was just able to find accommodation due to the help of several kind souls, I'm resettling at the moment and need to time to reassess and will write back and respond when I get my bearings about me.
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: "Wife screwed me over" sale, Kampot. Fridge, washer ($350 for both), many $5 things, tools, shelves, etc.

Post by AndyKK »

It happened to me in Thailand, but the ex-wife was reasonable. Then, I don't mind saying it started to happen again here in Cambodia, but I saw more than the signs written on the wall and ended the relationship before I lost everything.
You say Joe in the title of the thread "wife screwed me over". They are pretty hard words, you appear to not mention anything about your income. If there is no income, even a wife in first world country would have the same problem.
The saying is don't lose what you can't afford.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
dvdpnh
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by dvdpnh »

SlowJoe wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:07 pm
atst wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:24 am Living with a girl here everything is in thier name so you must be prepared for it to turn to shit.
That's my rant.
Car and 1 house was in my name...still got sold out from under me and the money disappeared. If your wife wants the money, she will GET the money!, lol... Trick is to find a girl who wont do that to you, no matter how hard or easy it is to steal stuff.

Also my backup plan back home completely unwound and fell apart during the pandemic... I'm not about to go into all the legal details of my life story, but I'm not that stupid as to just let someone have everything in their name and not have an exit plan or two in place. Doesn't matter though obviously in this case, but what I'm trying to say is don't think your plans will save you. If the universe wants to unwind your plans, it will unwind them like they never existed.

But okay, end of my rant, I'll just keep going and going if I don't stop, and it wont bring back what I lost and I'd rather move forward at this point.

As for the kind stranger above (and all the other kind strangers who reached out during the last two days, I want to say thank you). I was just able to find accommodation due to the help of several kind souls, I'm resettling at the moment and need to time to reassess and will write back and respond when I get my bearings about me.

When you're ready and have all the documents for the passport renewal, let me know and I will send via Wing.

Take care.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:24 pm You say Joe in the title of the thread "wife screwed me over". They are pretty hard words, you appear to not mention anything about your income. If there is no income, even a wife in first world country would have the same problem.
The saying is don't lose what you can't afford.
Honestly, although there are probably a few on this board who can vouch for me and my income and how it shouldn't have been a problem, I've learned through this process that for some people, no amount of money can comfort them or keep them satisfied.

Doesn't matter how many zeros you add to their bank account balance, they can still find a way to freak out over wasting money on a 1000 riel bottle of water.

SlowJoe wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:06 pm
When you're ready and have all the documents for the passport renewal, let me know and I will send via Wing.

Take care.
Thank you again. Spending the evening reevaluation my life and options. Will reach out when I come to a conclusion.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Been offered payment for new passport by a complete stranger, oh I'll chill and think about it meanwhile $10 over stay fee increasing.
Car and house on my name? Are we talking about Cambodia here?
Both got sold from under me , again Cambodia does have a legal system but then if you're from Kampot you may have different ideas.
That's the last for me on this it's to unbelievable.
Good luck opp and when you wake up, take the offer and get your passport.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

atst wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:49 pm Been offered payment for new passport by a complete stranger, oh I'll chill and think about it meanwhile $10 over stay fee increasing.
Both got sold from under me , again Cambodia does have a legal system but then if you're from Kampot you may have different ideas.
I'm already talking to people behind the scenes who have reached out alright? It's why I'm on my computer all evening, I'm responding to PMs and messages.

I don't care if you don't believe, because it doesn't change what really happened to me, and I'm the one dealing with the mess and not you so it doesn't matter what you think

I do want to say this though, as a lesson I've had to take from this and reflecting on what's happened.

Personal stories go a lot deeper that what gets posted on a public forum, and I'm the first to admit there are a lot of screw ups that probably should have known better in some way or another (aren't we all that way in some form) but I'm also probably a lot more guilty of having thought similar things to what you posted in response to people who were in similar situations as me in the past.

Having seen just how deep some things can go, how severe one's situation can spiral out of control, and how easily well laid plans can be laid to waste...I think it's been a difficult lesson to swallow that I used to hold the same kind of animosity and beliefs towards "fuck ups" in these situations, and I really shouldn't have.

I don't think anyone plans to screw their life up, or to run into a situation like this, so me above all people should have known not to judge other people as if they all willing did so.

So I'd rather take this moment to express regret towards those whom I've thought down on in the past, because that's the first step to moving on.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

SlowJoe wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:56 pm
atst wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:49 pm Been offered payment for new passport by a complete stranger, oh I'll chill and think about it meanwhile $10 over stay fee increasing.
Personal stories go a lot deeper that what gets posted on a public forum, and I'm the first to admit there are a lot of screw ups that probably should have known better in some way or another (aren't we all that way in some form) but I'm also probably a lot more guilty of having thought similar things to what you posted in response to people who were in similar situations as me in the past.

Having seen just how deep some things can go, how severe one's situation can spiral out of control, and how easily well laid plans can be laid to waste...I think it's been a difficult lesson to swallow that I used to hold the same kind of animosity and beliefs towards "fuck ups" in these situations, and I really shouldn't have.

I don't think anyone plans to screw their life up, or to run into a situation like this, so me above all people should have known not to judge other people as if they all willing did so.

So I'd rather take this moment to express regret towards those whom I've thought down on in the past, because that's the first step to moving on.
This.

It's easy to judge others, I'm guilty of it myself. But I've seen a few people hit rock bottom and have been in some dark places myself and something I've come to learn is if we knew the personal story we wouldn't be so quick to judge.

Anyway, it sounds like you're dealing with your current problems in a healthy way. Sometimes all you can really do is take it on the chin, try to see it as a learning experience and hopefully come out of it a better person.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic