Whale Testicle Beer - Yum

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Whale Testicle Beer - Yum

Post by wackyjacky »

Iceland: Brewery makes 'whale testicle beer'

An Icelandic micro-brewery has announced its new beer will be flavoured with smoked whales' testicles, it's been reported.

One would think the Japanese market would be on fire for this product. "The Stedji brewery's Hvalur 2 beer is being sold for a limited period to mark the Icelandic midwinter month of Thorri, the Visir website reports. The testicles of fin whales - which are an endangered species - are cured "according to an old, Icelandic tradition" before being salted and smoked, with one being used per brewing. "We want to create a true Thorri atmosphere, and therefore we decided to use smoked testicles from fin whales for flavouring the beer," says Dagbjartur Ariliusson, a co-owner of the brewery. "We put a lot of effort into this and it's a long process." In 2013, Iceland resumed commercial fin whaling after a two-year suspension. Most of its whale meat is exported to Japan.

The Stedji brewery angered conservationists in 2014 by making a beer which contained other whale parts, including bones and intestines. At the time, the Whale and Dolphin Conservation group described it as "immoral and outrageous" to use whale meat to make beer. The product was temporarily banned by public health authorities, but later sold out in alcohol shops. This time around, all the permissions are already in place, the brewery." http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from ... e-30777516
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Whale Testicle Beer - Yum

Post by Kuroneko »

Is this a rival to the Chinese ''three penis liquor'' !
Contains 海狗鞭 (seal penis), 鹿鞭 (deer penis), and 广狗鞭 (Cantonese dog penis). :shock:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Not sure why but this reminds of the enduring scuttle around the name of the Mitsubishi Starion (Japanese mispronunciation of Stallion?) and found the following Snopes article:

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/starion.asp

Chuckled at the information about Pajeros. :D
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Sounds pretty healthy compared to this Korean delicacy: http://www.vice.com/video/how-to-make-faeces-wine
Silence, exile, and cunning.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

^^^^ 20 years ago I got an invite to a Burgundy DRC tasting. The cheapest bottle there probably went for > $500 wholesale at the time. Anyway we had to listen to the head of Domaine Romanee-Conti, Count Bize-Leroy or something, prattle on before we could sample. He picks up the Echezeaux, swirls it around, sniffs it a couple times, and declares - "You know, da great ones all esmell like esheet". I asked my date " Did he say shit or a sheet, like out of the dryer" ? I asked him later and he said " I meant esheet fresh from da ass of da horse to be speceefic". He's right too, they do. The most expensive wines in the world smell like shit !
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

wackyjacky wrote:^^^^ 20 years ago I got an invite to a Burgundy DRC tasting. The cheapest bottle there probably went for > $500 wholesale at the time. Anyway we had to listen to the head of Domaine Romanee-Conti, Count Bize-Leroy or something, prattle on before we could sample. He picks up the Echezeaux, swirls it around, sniffs it a couple times, and declares - "You know, da great ones all esmell like esheet". I asked my date " Did he say shit or a sheet, like out of the dryer" ? I asked him later and he said " I meant esheet fresh from da ass of da horse to be speceefic". He's right too, they do. The most expensive wines in the world smell like shit !
Heh! Name dropping!

Dropping! Hyuck hyuck, snigger...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic