Drinking days. Poll.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

How many days a week do you have drink?

0. My body's a temple.
12%
1 or 2 days a week.
21%
2 or 3 days a week.
13%
Most days.
31%
Every day.
24%

Total votes: 68
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Drinking days. Poll.

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

In Cambodia drink every day, on my non drinking days it's 4 beers, two with lunch and two with dinner, had 5 months off the piss last year didn't feel any better.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

I drink every evening - at home and on my own. I drink one big can and one small can with a packet of nuts. I never go to bars. I have been drunk once this year - I threw up and had a 6 day hangover!
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Only days that end with Y.
vivathedivas
BANNED
Australia

Post by vivathedivas »

Too much, too often.

Time to find something interesting to do on an evening.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Next question I guess is how much do you spend on grog a week? $50? $100? $200?
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

@phuketrichard

from the man who pissed on graves
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I've heard the glib comment a number of random times that expats in Cambodia are all alcoholics. I know, bit of a throw away line but maybe some truth in it too..

Anyway, so far this poll doesn't show that.. Is it a myth or are some not owning up on this poll?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:23 pm I've heard the glib comment a number of random times that expats in Cambodia are all alcoholics. I know, bit of a throw away line but maybe some truth in it too..

Anyway, so far this poll doesn't show that.. Is it a myth or are some not owning up on this poll?
It's possibly because a large proportion of posters don't live in Cambodia. If they did they would probably drink every day.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:23 pm I've heard the glib comment a number of random times that expats in Cambodia are all alcoholics. I know, bit of a throw away line but maybe some truth in it too..

I'd bet some alcoholics don't own up to it, lie to themselves as part of the sickness. Also, I remember some daily drinkers would be on the piss every day with each other - maybe they aren't the types to post online in forums much?

Still, it is 45% of people drink "Most days" or "Every day."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic