what wildlife are you seeing?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: what wildlife are you seeing?

Post by Kammekor »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:04 pm Small snake. A curious creature. Small, 30-40cm long, about 1/2 cm at the body, flat head, olive greenish colour.
The various kids here were curious, but a little cautious. I’d post a picture of it, but we ran into a problem.

One of the kids was going to antagonise it with a pointy stick, and while I was trying to discourage some of the impending stupidity, one of the super brave adults got a big fucking stick, and smashed the snake to death, and saved all the children from being killed. Apparently. Despite the snake doing as much as it could to stay away from people.
My gut feeling was the snake was actually quite content being in a shaded location until ape-man saved us all.
Now, it just looks like all the other road kill, but I’d like to know what it was.
Most snakes will hide from us ape-man, but on the other hand, while hiding we might unintentionally step on its' sensitive tail and it might forget all about the agreement between 'ape-man and snake'. I let them roam, as long as they remain unnoticed and don't prey on my chicken or their eggs (hard for snakes), but once noticed, I go for the kill. Not talking about pythons here. I think that's a different class.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: what wildlife are you seeing?

Post by Freightdog »

Sadly, this poor creature had all the threatening presence of a blunt butter knife, let alone the single barrel sawed off bamboo stick that ended its presence. swmbo’s niece’s feckwit husband now knows without a shadow of a doubt what I think of him.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic