Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by cambo swa »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:34 am We just need more good guys (and gals) with guns to out number the bad guys with guns. This woman in the US with a pistol just stopped a mass shooter with an assault rifle:

https://www.abc27.com/news/good-gal-wit ... party/amp/

In April, 2022 a gun store and shooting range in Georgia, USA was robbed and 3 owners of the gun store were killed. 40 guns where stolen. Maybe the 40 guns were not enough to save the "good guys". We need more and more guns. The more bullets flying around will make everyone safer. Every person in the grocery store, every teacher and elementary school student, every pastor and church attendee should have a gun. No, not just a gun, an AR-15 with the largest magazine possible. Bullets flying everywhere. Don't worry about a few innocent casualties, everyone must have a gun.
GM - you must have a lot of time your hands to search out that one.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

cambo swa wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:17 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:34 am We just need more good guys (and gals) with guns to out number the bad guys with guns. This woman in the US with a pistol just stopped a mass shooter with an assault rifle:

https://www.abc27.com/news/good-gal-wit ... party/amp/

In April, 2022 a gun store and shooting range in Georgia, USA was robbed and 3 owners of the gun store were killed. 40 guns where stolen. Maybe the 40 guns were not enough to save the "good guys". We need more and more guns. The more bullets flying around will make everyone safer. Every person in the grocery store, every teacher and elementary school student, every pastor and church attendee should have a gun. No, not just a gun, an AR-15 with the largest magazine possible. Bullets flying everywhere. Don't worry about a few innocent casualties, everyone must have a gun.
GM - you must have a lot of time your hands to search out that one.
The perpetrators name is Jacob Christian Muse. For obvious reasons a few on here won’t address this incident.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:58 pm
Pussy vest. Classic.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

cambo swa wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:17 pm We need more and more guns. The more bullets flying around will make everyone safer.
Good point. Not only do we need more guns, it's important to remember we need more bullets, too. Having a gun without bullets is like having the first amendment with out the second amendment.

Guns don't kill people, bullets do.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

It’s humorous that the “General” claims there is no place on this forum for trolls yet he is trolling members on here. So who moderates the moderators?
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:32 pm
Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

Bullets don't kill people, explosive powder does
explosive powder doesn't kill people
age does, sickness, war
and guns, in the hands of people
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Kenr wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:20 am It’s humorous that the “General” claims there is no place on this forum for trolls yet he is trolling members on here. So who moderates the moderators?
Being a bit sarcastic isn't trolling. Come on.

All these gun topics don't typically go anywhere. I doubt anyone who thought 'we need to ban guns in the US' are now thinking 'I see the real solution is for more good guys to have guns,' or vice versa.

I don't get why the concept of more good people with guys is considered so dumb by some. Is there a large occurrence of mass shootings where one person kills numerous armed people? I would imagine that rarely happens, so what's so illogical of arming more good people?

We protect all sorts of valuables with armed guards, can't we agree it's time to protect school children in the same way?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Kenr wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:20 am It’s humorous that the “General” claims there is no place on this forum for trolls yet he is trolling members on here. So who moderates the moderators?
You do.
In the "CEO community", everyone has a voice. Some members (including admin :plus1: ) might have opinions that are outside the mainstream, but we try to be tolerant here and include everyone (including the administrator :wink: )

I think that it's important not to forget that this is a forum for all expats in Cambodia. I also think that everyone should chill out. :banana:
Can we keep these discussions cool and impersonal ?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:48 am
Being a bit sarcastic isn't trolling. Come on.

All these gun topics don't typically go anywhere. I doubt anyone who thought 'we need to ban guns in the US' are now thinking 'I see the real solution is for more good guys to have guns,' or vice versa.

I don't get why the concept of more good people with guys is considered so dumb by some. Is there a large occurrence of mass shootings where one person kills numerous armed people? I would imagine that rarely happens, so what's so illogical of arming more good people?

We protect all sorts of valuables with armed guards, can't we agree it's time to protect school children in the same way?
Resolved through private pm.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic