Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by General Mackevili »

violet wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:50 am
General Mackevili wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:34 am We just need more good guys (and gals) with guns to out number the bad guys with guns. This woman in the US with a pistol just stopped a mass shooter with an assault rifle:

https://www.abc27.com/news/good-gal-wit ... party/amp/

Why is big daikon able to thumbs up this twice?
People from the last remaining super power on the planet can give as many karma points as they'd like, they might have guns and we can't stop them. 8-)

Nah, it's a glitch that happens every now and again.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

I tried to upvote three times, but "they" stopped me.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Big Daikon wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:35 am I tried to upvote three times, but "they" stopped me.
The man … keeping your vote suppressed every time.
Clearly this is an electoral college thing and his vote happens to be worth more ;)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Once again, demonstrating ease of access to such a weapon, by someone who can’t make rational choices.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

If the only solution to this problem is to just arm more “good” people with guns, including school teachers, then we are truly a fucked up society here in the United States. And it’s obvious that is the case.

And these politicians are hypocrites. If an individual legally owns a gun, why can’t they carry it on an airplane? Why can’t they carry it into Federal buildings? Why couldn’t they carry it at the NRA rally here in Houston while the previous POTUS was speaking? If the government allowed an individual to legally obtain a gun, why are they banning legal gun owners from carrying them anywhere? Because they know some of these individuals should not have these weapons. But because of the influence of the NRA, they refuse to make any changes to make it more difficult to keep these weapons out of the “not so good” peoples hands. It would harm their bottom line.

But here is an example of one of the loopholes. I gifted my CZ75B to my cousin up in Minnesota last year because I am leaving. I had to send it through a FFL dealer here in Texas to a FFL dealer in Minnesota because an individual cannot gift or sell a firearm across state lines without a license. But if I didn’t gift it to him, I could have sold it or gifted it to anyone I wanted to as long as they were a resident in Texas, no paperwork whatsoever required, I could have walked the streets here trying to get rid of it to anyone, and it would have been legal. It’s legal but should it be?

And what do states like Texas do to alleviate the situation? They make gun ownership less restrictive. Now an individual can open carry and conceal and carry with no permit, no license, and no training required. Is that the intent of the 2nd Amendment? It’s a fucking joke.

The idea of putting more guns on the street makes no sense and doesn’t resolve the issue. Not allowing the individual the ability to obtain the weapon in the first place is a start. All you are doing with that mentality is adding fuel to the fire and is not trying to resolve the issue at hand, just passing the responsibility onto someone else.

Thoughts and Prayers aren’t worth shit anymore.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Kenr wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:25 am
...then we are truly a fucked up society here in the United States. And it’s obvious that is the case.
Finally, something that nobody disputes, lol.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Some more data on mass shootings:
1. 2018 study indicates that the US ranks 64th in per capita frequency of mass public shootings:

2. Frequency per million, the US ranks 12th:

Caveats:
-The US is more populous than many other countries.
-The FBI changed the definition from 4 to 3 or more people shot.
-The FBI excludes gang/drug disputes.

For more info:
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=3671740

Pages 10-14 are particularly interesting.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Well I guess that makes everything ok then. Although I doubt that these 19 children, along with the 2 teachers, and their relatives could give a rats ass about statistics from other countries.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic