Electric Vehicles for Cambodia Supported by Ministry

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Electric Vehicles for Cambodia Supported by Ministry

Post by nemo »

Level 1 charging uses a standard 120-volt plug. Today, new electric cars come with portable charging equipment to allow you to plug in to any 120/ 220 outlet . Typically, the average daily commute of 40 miles can be easily replenished overnight with a Level 1 charger.

https://www.electricforall.org/how-can- ... r-vehicle/
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Technology moves on, I can see the likes of PPT and Total moving in on the charging point's.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Batteries won't be around for long.
It will all be hydrogen.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I do believe that Cambodia is reaching out in the right direction, but I suspect it is floored from the outset with the country only having one main supplier of electricity. Even though that supply is not without its insecurities, such has being totally efficient and effective, reliability would be a plus point, has would being able to connect with the more rural areas without too buying supplies from neighbouring counties.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

nemo wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:54 pm Batteries won't be around for long.
It will all be hydrogen.
LPG safety is bad enough in this country, I can't imagine bongs on Daelims riding around delivering hydrogen cylinders to hole in the wall shops.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

John Bingham wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:41 pm
SlowJoe wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:14 pm I remember buying into one of those EVs back in "real" civilization, and even there it was a pain in the ass and I needed a 2nd vehicle for many trips.

Why not encourage plug in hybrids here instead? I mean, even most developed countries can't sustain a mass influx of EVs, what's the rationale pushing this stuff over here?
Well the Toyota Prius is probably the most common car here and it's a hybrid. I've seen a few of these electric tuk tuks around in the last few months. They are probably great but the small number of charging stations is an issue for now.
I had a ride in those electric tuk-tuk a few days ago. Uncomfortable and surprisingly very noisy.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

I have been wanting to import an electric car and solar charger from China for a year now. I get bounced from agency to agency no one as yet including customs brokers have been able to give me a definitive answer on what the landed price will be its always yes from China no tax but yes there is import duty and a special tax could be 10% to 30%.
You pretty much need to wait till it gets here to see what you'll be charged :facepalm:
I've pretty much given up.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Toyota Cambodia plans to step up hybrid vehicle imports
Thursday, 13 Oct 2022
9:21 PM MYT
PHNOM PENH (The Phnom Penh Post/Asia News Network): Toyota Tsusho Manufacturing (Cambodia) Co Ltd plans to ramp up imports of hybrid vehicles (HV) into the kingdom, as part of a campaign to encourage Cambodians to switch to the eco-friendly transportation alternative and reduce fossil fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, according to a transport ministry statement.

The plan was revealed during a meeting between company CEO Ryoji Fujita and Minister of Public Works and Transport Sun Chanthol at the ministry on October 11, the statement noted. This comes just over a month after the firm received government approval to set up a vehicle assembly plant in the capital.

Noting that HV adoption would be step forward towards Cambodia’s 2050 carbon neutrality target, Fujita asked the ministry to look into working with its finance counterpart to lower import duties on the vehicles to better motivate Cambodians to make the switch.

The minister commented that the government is collaborating with partners to install public electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure nationwide, as well as to promote the widespread use of EVs in the Kingdom.

“Support for easing import duties, especially in the case of HVs brought up by Toyota, would only be possible by requesting to talk it over with the Ministry of Economy and Finance,” he said.

Chanthol has said that the state seeks to increase the proportion of electric cars and motorcycles on Cambodian roads to 40 and 70 per cent, respectively, by 2050, in line with the “Long-Term Strategy for Carbon Neutrality by 2050” and other government initiatives.

“All suggestions should be made through the [GPSWG-D] ... so that we can take the matter into consideration,” he said.

Toyota Tsusho Manufacturing (Cambodia) Co Ltd recently received the official green light for their proposed $36.7 million vehicle-assembly plant in Royal Group Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone, located just southwest of the capital’s airport.
https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/as ... le-imports
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

The genuine importers (Ford, Rolls, BMW) were complaining like bitches because the grey market is crucifying their profits. Toyota won’t be any different.

Buy a new EV of a Toyota dealership or buy a grey import for 20% less. Hmm.
People of the world, spice up your life.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

This is more about Hybrid Vehicles than EVs. The Prius is already one of the most prevalent cars I see about. If the new plant means a large reduction on taxes it could be successful. I'll wait and see...
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic