Big C From Thailand Buys Kiwi Mart Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Big C From Thailand Buys Kiwi Mart Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Big C bags Cambodia's Kiwi Mart
Deal comprises 18 convenience stores
published : 27 May 2022 at 05:00
Big C Supercenter Plc, a leading retail operator in Thailand, has acquired Kiwi Mart -- a convenience store chain in Cambodia -- via its Cambodian subsidiary to strengthen its retail business in the neighbouring country.

According to Gary Hardy, an adviser of Big C Supercenter, Big C Supercenter (Cambodia) reached an agreement to acquire Kiwi Mart in Cambodia last week.

The acquisition was effective as of May 17, but the value of the deal has not been disclosed.

"The acquisition of Kiwi Mart is an important opportunity for both Big C and its parent firm, Berli Jucker Plc, to expand business in the Asean region, including Cambodia," he said.

The deal allows Big C to own 18 Kiwi Mart stores in Cambodia, 17 of which are in Phnom Penh, with the other branch located in Kampot province.

Big C has had a presence in Cambodia since 2019, with the first Big C hypermarket opening in Poipet, with a total space of 8,000 square metres.

Currently, Big C operates two branches in Cambodia -- one branch of Big C Mini and one branch of Big C hypermarket.

Kiwi Mart was established in 2017 as a 24-hour convenience store, selling a variety of products, including French, Thai and local brands, targeting domestic and foreign customers.

"Big C realised an opportunity to expand our business to cover all areas of Cambodia via online and offline platforms, making our products easy to access and come closer to Cambodian consumers,'' he said.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2316630/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Big C From Thailand Buys Kiwi Mart Cambodia

Post by phuketrichard »

There is a big Big C supermarket in Poi pet and Thursday driving thru PP saw a mini Big C.
if they hold true to their bigger thai brother , will be a vast improvement over Kiwi mart
....with the other branch located in Kampot province
:thumb: :thumb:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:42 am

Kiwi Mart was established in 2017 as a 24-hour convenience store, selling a variety of products, including French, Thai and local brands, targeting domestic and foreign customers.

"Big C realised an opportunity to expand our business to cover all areas of Cambodia via online and offline platforms, making our products easy to access and come closer to Cambodian consumers,'' he said.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2316630/
Kiwi opened a long time before 2017. If it's targeted at Khmer and foreigners, who is it not targeted at? Aliens from Mars?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Could do with a rename. Two things conjured up for me
Cancer
Big knt
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Great news, hopefully they will clean up those shoddy Kiwi markets to meet their standards.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

yes when I first saw Big C I thought what a horrid name for a store in Oz you would say like my mates dying cause the big C ... of course since 2020 it also means to a lot of people Corona Virus . Bit like calling your beer Krud :facepalm: ... hows ya beer mate ? Damn tastes like krud (sh#t) :beer3: name change sure couldn't hurt. :bow:
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Ozinasia wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:40 pm yes when I first saw Big C I thought what a horrid name for a store in Oz you would say like my mates dying cause the big C ... of course since 2020 it also means to a lot of people Corona Virus name change sure couldn't hurt
A Thai company should change its name because aussies like to call cancer and/or now corona "Big C"? I'm sure they couldn't care less!
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

I believe cancer is referred to as the Big C pretty much world wide including Thailand (I lived there near on 10 years) in any case I said couldn't hurt didn't they they should :hattip:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Meanwhile over in Vietnam last year ( march 4, 2021)
Retail chain Big C plans to rebrand all its outlets as Tops Market or GO! this year, laying the Big C name to rest after 22 years in Vietnam.

.....From 2022, the Big C brand will only exist in Thailand, where it is owned by TCC Group led by tycoon Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

I notice the Kiwi Mart stores have a very poor selection of goods in stock since Big C took over. Or is it just the 2 stores that I have been in.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic