Police Arrest Man Accused of Beheading his Wife

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Police Arrest Man Accused of Beheading his Wife

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): It should be noted that on May 28, 2022 at 2:45 pm, in the case of a manhunt following a murder, the joint police forces from Phnom Penh and Takeo conducted a search and arrested a suspect who is accused of beheading his wife on the night of May 27, 2022.
Authorities have confirmed that the task force is currently questioning the suspect and building a case to be sent to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court for legal proceedings.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Police Arrest Man Accused of Beheading his Wife

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

A disturbing result of the insane walking among us, rather than being mentally institutionalised. Although, they say staff at those places catch
l :crazy: pdil %) piditus, themselves eventually.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

‘Jealous’ man arrested for allegedly slitting wife’s throat in Cambodia
Monday, 30 May 2022
1:56 PM MYT
PHNOM PENH (The Phnom Penh Post/Asia News Network): A man who is alleged to have killed his wife in a jealous rage in Boeung Kak I commune of the capital’s Tuol Kork district on Friday (May 27) will be sent to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court.

Municipal police spokesman San Sok Seiha said on May 29 that 27-year-old Phuong Ratha was arrested the day after his wife’s death.

Sophea did not offer details about the case, but according to a video clip, the suspect told police during questioning that he had killed his wife because of jealousy.
“I was jealous because I felt like my wife was acting differently. I didn’t beat her before I killed her. I used a white knife to cut her throat,” he said.

A Boeung KakI district police officer who asked not to be named said the suspect and his wife had a three-year-old son and lived in a rental unit. The son lived with the woman’s parents in Takeo province, while she worked as a cleaner in the Borey Sunway gated community in Tuol Kork district.
https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/as ... fes-throat
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: Mr. Sam Bun Pov, Investigating Judge of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court, on May 31, 2022, issued a detention order for a criminal named as Phuong Ratha, male, 27 years old, living in Room 7, 1st Floor, House 15, Street No. 530 Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh.

The suspect is accused of chopping off his wife's head with a machete because of jealousy. Witnesses say that the man was often violent and fighting with his wife because he was jealous. After killing his wife, he fled the scene, but was tracked down and arrested the next day by the authorities.
This tragedy is such a horrific act that the law stipulates, in accordance with the provisions of Article 205, that the accused is to be sentenced to life imprisonment if found guilty.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

There is nothing like a UK tabloid headline to add a bit of drama to a mundane Khmer murder.
Killer details from the UK's Daily Star:

Jealous husband beheads wife with meat cleaver and carries severed head in a sack
WARNING: DISTRESSING CONTENT: Phuong Ratha has admitted to the shocking murder, according to Cambodian police, after becoming convinced that his wife had been seeing other men behind his back
ByMichael Moran
17:42, 30 MAY 2022Updated18:20, 30 MAY 2022
A jealous husband has admitted beheading his wife with a meat cleaver, then riding away on a motorcycle with her severed head stuffed in a sack, according to police.

Phuong Ratha, 27, moved into a rented room in Phnom Penh, Cambodia,with his partner Ly Srey Nouch, 23, and their one-year-old son but became convinced she was seeing other men.

He is accused of attacking her and slitting her throat – severing her neck with the huge kitchen knife during a jealous rage last Friday evening (May 27).

Phuong reportedly stuffed Ly's head in a sack and rode away on a motorcycle before dumping the bloody evidence in a nearby wasteland.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world- ... t-27104772

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

Jealous - so many if these Cambodian 'men' really have the mental capacity of a dumb 4 year old. Hope the p.o.s rots.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UPDATE
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The Phnom Penh Municipal Court on December 7, 2022 pronounced a sentence of life imprisonment in the case of a man accused of beheading his wife out of jealousy, on the 27 May 2022. Phunong Ratha was charged by the prosecution with "premeditated murder" under articles 200 and 205 of the Penal Code.
Ms. Say Srey Leak, President of the Trial Chamber of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court, said that the accused was named Phuong Ratha, male, 27 years old (husband), born in Taing Nhat village, Param commune, Bati district, Takeo province. The victim was his wife, Ly Srey Nouch, 23-years old, from Battambang province. The couple were living in rented accomodation in Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh, with their one-year-old son.
After the murder, the accused fled from the room where he killed his wife, and allegedly dumped her body in an empty plot of land, before making his escape, carrying her head in a bag.
The accused was arrested by police on May 28, 2022, on National Road 5 in Phnom Penh's Prek Preav district.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic