Cricket is Coming to Cambodia

Title says it all really...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cricket is Coming to Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Rohit Sharma’s Cricket Academy CricKingdom collaborates with Cricket Association of Cambodia
With this massive deal, India’s veteran opener becomes the first Indian cricketer to sign a deal of such a big stature.

Sakshi Author
Updated - Mar 29, 2021 10:50 am
Rohit Sharma. (Photo Source: Instagram)
India’s vice-captain in limited-overs format Rohit Sharma is all set to see a surge in his income and net worth as his Cricket Academy, CricKingdom has entered into a deal with the Cricket Association of Cambodia. The two bodies will work together to establish a full-fledged cricket academy in Cambodia. This will be Cambodia’s first cricket academy.

It is learned that CricKingdom Cricket Academy by Rohit Sharma had proposed a deal to the Cricket Association of Cambodia (CAC) in August last year regarding the collaboration of the two brands. However, the deal was formally signed seven months later on March 23, 2021.

CricKingdom has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with leading Indian businessman and sports supporter, Praveen Jain, that will see the two parties experience a smooth collaboration. Notably, the cricket academy of Rohit Sharma is widely renowned in many countries and its headquarters are located in Singapore and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
https://www.crictracker.com/rohit-sharm ... -cambodia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cricket is Coming to Cambodia

Cambodia to Host Samdech HE Asia Peace Cricket Cup 2022
AKP Phnom Penh, April 23, 2022 --

Cricket Federation of Cambodia Association (CFCA) is hosting the first ever Samdech HE Asia Peace Cricket Cup 2022 in November this year.
The update was shared by Mr. Madhu Aman, CFCA Vice President in a recent press conference here in Phnom Penh.

The tournament intends to develop the capacity of Cambodian athletes and increase their potential for international and regional events.
H.E. Yi Veasna, Secretary General of the National Paralympic Committee of Cambodia (NPCC), was committed to further promote and develop Cambodia's cricket, particularly among people with disability.

International Tennis Cricket Federation (ITCF) has allowed Cambodia to host such international event under the support from and in cooperation with ITCF member countries.
Athletes from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Afghanistan, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and the host country will join the Samdech HE Asia Peace Cricket Cup 2022.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:06 pm International Tennis Cricket Federation (ITCF) has allowed Cambodia to host such international event under the support from and in cooperation with ITCF member countries.
Athletes from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Afghanistan, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and the host country will join the Samdech HE Asia Peace Cricket Cup 2022.
- AKP
It’s a shame they haven’t invited China, Taiwan and Tibet to field teams.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I know they don't play cricket here (blame the French) so I assume they don't know how to create and curate a cricket square. It's not something you can learn of YouTube.

Maybe a huge concrete floor covered with astroturf will be used.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:52 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:06 pm International Tennis Cricket Federation (ITCF) has allowed Cambodia to host such international event under the support from and in cooperation with ITCF member countries.
- AKP
It’s a shame they haven’t invited China, Taiwan and Tibet to field teams.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

May 27, 2022
Cambodian cricketers to face Singapore in int’l friendlies
Jose Rodriguez T. Senase / Khmer Times

Players from the Cricket Association of Cambodia (CAC) are going abroad this weekend for a series of friendly matches versus their counterparts from Singapore.

The Cambodian group will be in Singapore from May 28 to 30 for a trio of T20 matches with a selection of players from the Singapore Cricket Association (SCA), according to CAC CEO Manish Sharma.

The matches will be played at the Singapore Indian Association, an International Cricket Council (ICC)-approved venue.

“All matches will follow the T20, round-robin format, and official ICC T20 playing conditions will be applied for the series,” Sharma disclosed in a prior interview.

The tournament has been in the works for some time, but was delayed several times due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

“I am very happy that this will finally take place after the disruptions and delays caused by the pandemic. Both sides will benefit from this. On our part, we will learn from some of the best cricket players in the region,” said Sharma, pointing out that Singapore is one of the cricket powerhouses in Southeast Asia.

“The more international exposure the better for Cambodian cricket. The potential is there. I hope that more Cambodians will play the sport,” CAC chief Vath Chamroeun said. “We are here to promote and develop cricket together.”
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501083306/ ... riendlies/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

December 13, 2022
Philippine women’s cricket team to visit Cambodia for int’l matches
The Philippine women’s cricket team will visit Cambodia next week for a series of international matches against their counterparts in the Kingdom.

This was according to Manish Sharma, CEO of Cricket Federation of Cambodia (CFC).

Sharma said the Philippine team will arrive in Cambodia on December 20. “The two sides will play six T20 matches,” he revealed. “The Philippine team is going to be here until the 23rd of this month.”

This will be the first international match for the newly-formed Cambodian women’s cricket team.

In July, Cambodia was accepted as an associate member of the International Cricket Council (ICC) on the condition that it establish women’s cricket by the end of 2022.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501201489/ ... l-matches/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:13 am I know they don't play cricket here (blame the French) so I assume they don't know how to create and curate a cricket square. It's not something you can learn of YouTube.

In 2005, we used to play at one of the high schools near Boeng Keng Kang Market - it may have been Boeng Keng Kang, memory fades me. There was a heavy hessian pitch that could be rolled and moved to the centre of the playing field. Can't remember the bloke who set up the games, but I think he used to own one of the Indian restaurants closer in town. It was a pretty fun hit and giggle set up!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Born-Confused wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:29 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:13 am I know they don't play cricket here (blame the French) so I assume they don't know how to create and curate a cricket square. It's not something you can learn of YouTube.

In 2005, we used to play at one of the high schools near Boeng Keng Kang Market - it may have been Boeng Keng Kang, memory fades me. There was a heavy hessian pitch that could be rolled and moved to the centre of the playing field. Can't remember the bloke who set up the games, but I think he used to own one of the Indian restaurants closer in town. It was a pretty fun hit and giggle set up!
Give some Indians a field and they'll have a game of cricket going in no time.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

The only crickets they know here are fried and eaten.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic