Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by orichá »

All firearms all around the world should be illegal, except for use by police and military; and even then, their firearms should be replaced with sophisticated stun weapons. Hunters can learn how to use crossbows or something -- or better -- learn how to eat tofu.

Of course, then we would be living on a peaceful, sane planet, not a world corrupted by false and insanely twisted concepts of personal liberty. The U.S. and so many of its citizens, including some members of this forum, are clearly suffering from a collective lunacy made of consumerist fantasies consisting of little more than imaginary "needs" and "rights"... but so many people remain unconscious of how needs are manufactured and injected into the brain via the rude force of lifelong indoctrination and mass social complacency...

What is happening in America represents simply the fallout and the nadir of brainless amoral capitalism, which has bred the grotesque obscenity of America's all-encompassing national political corruption -- a monster living solely for lucre-bought votes, a dull beast with a mind made entirely from irrational stupidity...

Because we all know ...when asked why gun violence on this scale only happens in America, and Ted Cruz says with a grin, that people come from all over the world to America because it is "the safest place" ...that he is lying... and he is dumb...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

The usual suspects are handwringing about gun laws along voting lines

The last poster is advocating for some sort of state of authoritarianism worldwide like the clueless rum drunk neo socalist gimp he is

I'm wondering why, in a place like Texas, was the school unlocked for the shooter to walk into?

Why no armed security? Why did police wait an hour to break into kill the shooter?

The school should be sued, on the face of it
Texas Department of Public Safety spokesperson Travis Considine said Ramos entered Robb Elementary School and began his rampage at 11.40am on Tuesday.

A Border Patrol tactical unit began trying to get inside an hour later, and at 12.58pm, the teenager was confirmed to be dead.

The school normally has an armed school safety officer but when Ramos arrived on Tuesday “there was not an officer, readily available, armed” and the gunman entered the building ”unobstructed”, Victor Escalon, a regional director at the Texas Department of Public Safety, said.

Many other details of the case and the police response remained murky. The motive for the massacre — the nation’s deadliest school shooting since Newtown, Connecticut, a decade ago — remained under investigation, with authorities saying Ramos had no known criminal or mental health history.

During the siege, frustrated onlookers urged police officers to charge into the school, according to witnesses.
https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/na ... unimpeded/
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

orichá wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:16 am All firearms all around the world should be illegal, except for use by police and military; and even then, their firearms should be replaced with sophisticated stun weapons. Hunters can learn how to use crossbows or something -- or better -- learn how to eat tofu.
I like having testicles and testosterone, so that is a big NO from me.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:07 pm
orichá wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:16 am All firearms all around the world should be illegal, except for use by police and military; and even then, their firearms should be replaced with sophisticated stun weapons. Hunters can learn how to use crossbows or something -- or better -- learn how to eat tofu.
A 3 year old girl could just as easily kill someone with a gun as your macho self.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

John Bingham wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:48 pm
A 3 year old girl could just as easily shoot someone as your macho self.
In the Girl does AR-15 video on you tube, posted earlier, among the comments, a grandparent having purchased a pretty pink .22 for his 5yr old granddaughter to learn with.

A great many of the rest of the comments involve some mention of protecting the 2nd amendment rights. Almost as if it’s become a duty to do so, rather than an activity that one might enjoy, get some satisfaction from. The delusional and irrational support is actually quite bizarre.

The other incongruous thing that gets trotted out so frequently- resentment at big, or secret government and agendas seeking to control people. Isn’t that exactly what the NRA have established themselves as; control of government, big money controlling the weak willed? The very spectre that some loons rail against.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

A 3 year old girl could just as easily kill someone with a gun as your macho self.

...Since 2019, the leading cause of death among children and adolescents in the United States was by firearms according to the New England Journal of Medicine...

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2201761
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

I highly doubt it.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Freightdog wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:04 pm
A 3 year old girl could just as easily shoot someone as your macho self.
In the Girl does AR-15 video on you tube, posted earlier, among the comments, a grandparent having purchased a pretty pink .22 for his 5yr old granddaughter to learn with.

A great many of the rest of the comments involve some mention of protecting the 2nd amendment rights. Almost as if it’s become a duty to do so, rather than an activity that one might enjoy, get some satisfaction from. The delusional and irrational support is actually quite bizarre.

The other incongruous thing that gets trotted out so frequently- resentment at big, or secret government and agendas seeking to control people. Isn’t that exactly what the NRA have established themselves as; control of government, big money controlling the weak willed? The very spectre that some loons rail against.
I was browsing the reddit Texas sub earlier, curious to see what people there think of all this. Your post made me think of a twitter quote I saw posted there. (Couldn't figure out how to post it here but this is what it said)

"Fun Fact: Texas Republicans have literally done more to keep books out of schools than to keep guns out of schools."

Those people just seem to be almost Taliban level insane to me.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:09 pm
I highly doubt it.
«photo of Rambo»
...more and more kids are shooting each other to death every year in America:

"So far, in 2021 there have been at least 259 unintentional shootings by children, resulting in 104 deaths and 168 injuries..."

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/31/10327253 ... h-children
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

orichá wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:52 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:09 pm
I highly doubt it.
«photo of Rambo»
...more and more kids are shooting each other to death every year in America:

"So far, in 2021 there have been at least 259 unintentional shootings by children, resulting in 104 deaths and 168 injuries..."

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/31/10327253 ... h-children
Yup, saw the data. Since 2020, there has been a huge surge in homicide, traffic fatalities and other horrible violent shit.

Did something bad happen in 2020?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic