Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by Username Taken »

Kenr wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:11 pm
violet wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:07 pm So the donations are from the senators???
Are they from the people via the senators?
It is money donated from the NRA to these politicians to protect their interests.

Basically to insure no new gun laws are passed that would hurt the gun industry.
Donations? Sounds more like bribes.

Don't them god-fearing senators have a conscience?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Username Taken wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:12 am
Kenr wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:11 pm
violet wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:07 pm So the donations are from the senators???
Are they from the people via the senators?
It is money donated from the NRA to these politicians to protect their interests.

Basically to insure no new gun laws are passed that would hurt the gun industry.
Donations? Sounds more like bribes.

Don't them god-fearing senators have a conscience?
In the US donations = bribes. There is no distinctive difference.

Unable to to answer your second question. But make no mistake, the mighty greenback trumps everything else.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Ghostwriter wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:01 am
nemo wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:30 pm Senator NRA Donations Gun Deaths in State
(per year)
Mitt Romney (UT) $13,647,676 365
Richard Burr (NC) etc etc
Do you have a total amount of $ + total amount of victims for this list ?

Because the 1st divided by the 2nd would basically be the average fee to pay for one death as a "collateral effect percentage'' allowed for the "greater good and big deal of freedom" of letting any fuckwit play the big boy with a big gun.

That would be a 37,390 $ fee to pay to Mitt Romney in order to keep the business going for each dead.
i wonder now the average amount of compensation money received by the families affected in this list. And where does the money comes from, if any...

I mean, come on...

Entire channels of this shit.
Compensation to the families? Do you know who is going to pay? The local taxpayers, so they will be paying themselves. The families will more than likely sue the school, and who knows how that will turn out, because the gun manufacturers and gun retailers are protected with shield laws, so not much luck going after them.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Kenr wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:32 am The families will more than likely sue the school
Now i wonder where does the school money comes from, since they probably will have to pay something + upgrade their security system ?
Oh shit, is it from the student loans ?
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Ozinasia wrote:I worry these video games have a lot to do with desensitizing kids, killing bloody zombies seems to be every popular game. I watched with horror my live ins 13 year playing a game earlier a guy walking through a shopping Mall shooting what were zombies but aside from their slightly misshapen form they were essentially men women and children. Blown to bits in horrible bloody detail
About a month or so the cops had this kid for some reason and he told them he wanted to kill a lot of people. they ignored it.
Now what do they think. The grandmother reported to police she was in fear of her life she ended up buying a gun to protect herself , probably the same gun he used dont know the whole damn thing is gut-wrenching
Last i checked kids in other countries have mental illness and video games. Just harder to commit mass murder with a pen knife or frozen leg of lamb .

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

This raises some questions.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Ghostwriter wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:56 am
Kenr wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:32 am The families will more than likely sue the school
Now i wonder where does the school money comes from, since they probably will have to pay something + upgrade their security system ?
Oh shit, is it from the student loans ?
Some money comes from the state and the rest comes from property school taxes that property owners pay the school district they live in, whether they have children going to school or not.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

violet wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:54 pm Why do the NRA need these donations and where is all that money now? I had no idea (non USA). Wow.

Edit NC is listed twice at the top. Edi edit. Hang on TX is twice. I’m not understanding
Each state has 2 senators>
NRA donates so when it comes voting time, the senator knows which side is toast is buttered on.
Each politician can choose to NOT accept a donation if it is against his belief an does not want to be beholding to the donator organization.

As other have stated, lobbyists control what goes on an which laws are passed
its HUGE $$$$
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:48 am
violet wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:54 pm Why do the NRA need these donations and where is all that money now? I had no idea (non USA). Wow.

Edit NC is listed twice at the top. Edi edit. Hang on TX is twice. I’m not understanding
each state has 2 senators>
NRA donates so when it comes voting time, the senator knows which side is toast is buttered on.
Not to be petty, but there is also a House of Representatives, these individuals also have no issues with taking these monies and know who not to cross.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Kenr wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:57 am
phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:48 am

each state has 2 senators>
Not to be petty, but there is also a House of Representatives, these individuals also have no issues with taking these monies and know who not to cross.
Wow. It sounds far more corrupt than Aussie politics but I am probably naive
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic