Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by Freightdog »

Chad Sexington wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:23 pm
IraHayes wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:01 pm ...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Now they have been arguing over the semantics of the wording of the 2A for decades, but, i reckon its pretty much carved in stone and getting it removed is going to be nigh on impossible I would guess.
I think I said it before in a similar themed topic, but I fear that attempting to take guns away from some of the pro 2nd amendment/anti-big government fanatics, could result in more mass shootings than are currently happening in the US.
There’s likely to be more than a few, who’d rather go out literally ‘guns a blazing’ than give up their 2nd amendment and weapons.
Some of the advocates seen ranting about rights, 2nd and 4th amendments and interpretations of this, etc, are perfect examples of why these folks should not be allowed to possess guns, or be instrumental in legislation about this.

Fundamentally, I don’t see a problem with having privately owned firearms. 1. At home. Carefully stored, and maintained. Licenced, simply because the world is a different place from the days when the original wisdoms were written up.

But ranting and raving about rights and security doesn’t cut it. How secure and safe do those children feel, now? How much safer would the shooter feel now, were he still alive, for having murdered 19 children. Now that he’s dead, how does that make him feel safe and secure?

What rage or mental state was this kid in, that this was the best course of action that he could come up with, yet nobody could see any indicators?
If he’d simply walked into the woods and shot himself, we’d actually be asking a similar question, but without the other tragic deaths?

What does it say about society that people like him can go about, unnoticed or unchallenged, until the day they tip over? The USA isn’t entirely unique for these events, but it does seem heavily over-represented.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:27 pm I cannot see how this can continue or be left without some sensible precautions in place how can people find this objectionable. :please:
It’s about 20 years ago that Moore’s Bowling for Columbine came out. We found it hard to understand the same, back then. What is incredible is that it’s still at the discussion stage,
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:22 pm Just an observation .... When the last shooting happened the ranting was overwhelmingly about the shooters white maleness, certain posters making multiple post to advance their diatribe against white males being the bane of society ..... Here we have the same amount of posts but ne'er one mention of the shooter being an Hispanic transgender ..... I guess race and gender only matter when it's a white male being bad ??

ImageImage
Mr. Canuck, the photos you attached are not the shooter. Perhaps relying on the NY Post and wherever you got your information should be verified. No mention of transsexual and race because it is not true.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:50 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:39 am
Big Daikon wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:49 am 75% of mass shooters and victims are black.
And 100 % of them have war guns with too many ammo and no credible purpose except for mass shooting, as in a war.
Except they prey on civilians.
I believe pistols are the most commonly used weapon in murders. Mass shootings may have different numbers (pistol/long gun ratio).

There you go with facts again Mr Daikin .. Pot stirrer !!

Don't you know this is an emotional issue, laced with politics & derision for any who don't bow to the gun grabbers .....

More children die every year texting while driving than school shooting but no one bats an eye ....

More children will be killed in the inner city by gang violence than school shootings but no one bats an eye ....

More children will die by parental abuse than school shootings but no one bats an eye .....

Every school shooting the usual virtue signaling know nothing's loose their collective minds and demand 10's of millions of law abiding gun owners exercising their Constitutional Rights should be disarmed without ever having committed a crime ....

Lawful gun owners are not and never have been the problem .....A morally bankrupt society is though.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:44 am

More children die every year texting while driving than school shooting but no one bats an eye ....

More children will be killed in the inner city by gang violence than school shootings but no one bats an eye ....

More children will die by parental abuse than school shootings but no one bats an eye .....

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Nobody is talking about taking anyones guns away. And the last two mass shootings were done by lawful gun owners.

It’s good to know that some people consider school children and teachers being killed at school no big deal.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

cambo swa wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:37 am
CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:22 pm Just an observation .... When the last shooting happened the ranting was overwhelmingly about the shooters white maleness, certain posters making multiple post to advance their diatribe against white males being the bane of society ..... Here we have the same amount of posts but ne'er one mention of the shooter being an Hispanic transgender ..... I guess race and gender only matter when it's a white male being bad ??
Mr. Canuck, the photos you attached are not the shooter. Perhaps relying on the NY Post and wherever you got your information should be verified. No mention of transsexual and race because it is not true.
Salvador Ramos Transgender Rumors Spread Like Wildfire ...
https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Gun Violence
20 hours ago — The claim that Ramos was transgender is spreading rapidly online, along with photos that appear to have been taken from a Reddit account ...

PICTURED: Transgender woman wrongly accused of being Texas school shooter, as Arizona GOP rep is forced to delete tweet claiming the real mass-murderer was 'transsexual leftist illegal alien' https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ooter.html

The Far Right Is Falsely Blaming a Trans Woman for the Texas ...
https://www.vice.com › Home › News
15 hours ago — The shooter was a “transexual leftist illegal alien named Salvatore Ramos” tweeted far-right Republican Rep. Paul Gosar, citing a bogus ...

etc etc..............
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

[/quote]

Are you saying the US doesn't have police initiatives, crackdowns, enforcement blitzes, social agencies etc trying to do what they can to minimize those problems? I haven't lived there so can't say for sure but it seems unlikely to me.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Kenr wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:53 am Nobody is talking about taking anyones guns away. And the last two mass shootings were done by lawful gun owners.

It’s good to know that some people consider school children and teachers being killed at school no big deal.
I will!! Take them away. Make them illegal. Or subject to no notice safety and handling inspections if you have them. Also ban assault rifles and high capacity magazines. Have psych screenings and 6 month waiting periods. I think Chris Rock said make bullets cost a fortune.

So many different things are possible. Where there is a will there is a way.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kuroneko wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:05 pm
cambo swa wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:37 am
Salvador Ramos Transgender Rumors Spread Like Wildfire ...
https://www.newsweek.com › ... › Gun Violence
20 hours ago — The claim that Ramos was transgender is spreading rapidly online, along with photos that appear to have been taken from a Reddit account ...

PICTURED: Transgender woman wrongly accused of being Texas school shooter, as Arizona GOP rep is forced to delete tweet claiming the real mass-murderer was 'transsexual leftist illegal alien' https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ooter.html

The Far Right Is Falsely Blaming a Trans Woman for the Texas ...
https://www.vice.com › Home › News
15 hours ago — The shooter was a “transexual leftist illegal alien named Salvatore Ramos” tweeted far-right Republican Rep. Paul Gosar, citing a bogus ...

etc etc..............
It's something of a sport for trolls to insert images of YouTubers, Instagram models, gamers, sports stars, minor celebrities etc into the discussion surrounding horrific events like this shooting with false info that they were a perp or a victim in the hope it gets picked up and passed on by legacy media. Which it often does

Tasteless but it's a thing
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic