Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
leitfaden
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by leitfaden »

I live in acountry, where it's much more difficult to have a gun. And I don't miss it.

Nobody needs a gun in his life !

People dies from guns, because there are guns around.

No guns = no deaths from shooting.

.....It's so simple
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Just an observation .... When the last shooting happened the ranting was overwhelmingly about the shooters white maleness, certain posters making multiple post to advance their diatribe against white males being the bane of society ..... Here we have the same amount of posts but ne'er one mention of the shooter being an Hispanic transgender ..... I guess race and gender only matter when it's a white male being bad ??

ImageImage
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Ozinasia wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:28 pm I worry these video games have a lot to do with desensitizing kids, killing bloody zombies seems to be every popular game. I watched with horror my live ins 13 year playing a game earlier a guy walking through a shopping Mall shooting what were zombies but aside from their slightly misshapen form they were essentially men women and children. Blown to bits in horrible bloody detail
About a month or so the cops had this kid for some reason and he told them he wanted to kill a lot of people. they ignored it.
Now what do they think. The grandmother reported to police she was in fear of her life she ended up buying a gun to protect herself , probably the same gun he used dont know the whole damn thing is gut-wrenching
I think you're right with this , video games desensitizes you and pretty quickly, I noticed this with my kids 20 years ago when they first started playing computer games, first they were scared ( as like hiding behind my back as I'm playing roadrage) next thier kicking and shooting as many as they can.
playing these games now are so real and people virtually live on thier playstations or whatever else they use
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

leitfaden wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:35 pm I live in acountry, where it's much more difficult to have a gun. And I don't miss it.

Nobody needs a gun in his life !

People dies from guns, because there are guns around.

No guns = no deaths from shooting.

.....It's so simple
Forgive me if I missed it. When was the last time that a sane, rational and stable person, legally in possession of a firearm, chose to go on a killing spree instead of down to the local range?

I’d hazard a guess that there are a great many hammers in the world, yet only occasionally is one featured in an assault.
They’re tools. Surely the problem is the person wielding it?

Very soon, the rationale will be to take away all the dangerous articles.
Hammers will be made of foam, and have very short handles.
Knives will be made of brittle plastic, with a 3cm blunt blade that has difficulty spreading soft butter.
Secateurs will have blunt blades that open to less than the diameter of a biro.
And the most dangerous pass-time that we’ll be allowed to partake in is growing daisies.

So protected, we shall be, from ourselves, that we won’t need to tell children to be careful of open flames as there won’t be any.

Meanwhile, the madman that was elected by a whole country next door is going to bring his toys into your yard. The problem is the madman, not the toys or tools.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:22 pm Just an observation .... When the last shooting happened the ranting was overwhelmingly about the shooters white maleness, certain posters making multiple post to advance their diatribe against white males being the bane of society ..... Here we have the same amount of posts but ne'er one mention of the shooter being an Hispanic transgender ..... I guess race and gender only matter when it's a white male being bad ??

ImageImage
You do realize all of those pictures are not him? The skirt pics are not him.
Last edited by Kenr on Wed May 25, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Freightdog wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:03 pm Forgive me if I missed it. When was the last time that a sane, rational and stable person, legally in possession of a firearm, chose to go on a killing spree instead of down to the local range?
This is the problem that scares the shit out of me for my southern neighbours. The number of insane, irrational and unstable people in the US seems to be skyrocketing...so when there's guns a plenty to be had, mother of God have mercy on the poor souls there...
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:22 pm Just an observation .... When the last shooting happened the ranting was overwhelmingly about the shooters white maleness, certain posters making multiple post to advance their diatribe against white males being the bane of society ..... Here we have the same amount of posts but ne'er one mention of the shooter being an Hispanic transgender ..... I guess race and gender only matter when it's a white male being bad ??
I'm from northern Europe and we don't think of "Hispanics" as a separate race where I'm from. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

John Bingham wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:13 pm
I'm from northern Europe and we don't think of "Hispanics" as a separate race where I'm from. :?
As I recall the issue about the white supremacist was precisely because he made it about race, sending out his discord server, manual and thoughts and live streaming, who knows the reasons for this case.

What I do think is the crux of this is that it is a sickness we have in America. There is a bill to provide background checks and curb the need for military weapons to be bought which remains unsigned used as a political football. Nobody is coming for anybody's guns, nobody is taking away our right to bare arms but instead adding in some sensible regulations, background and safety checks. I cannot see how this can continue or be left without some sensible precautions in place how can people find this objectionable. :please:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic