Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Doc67 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:30 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:14 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:50 pm
Doc67 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:20 pm What facilities are open at BKK for transit passengers?

I have 4 hours to kill...
Lounge access for $28.
https://www.loungebuddy.com/BKK

Awaiting a Bangkok Air flight you get free lounge access to their Boutique lounge.
I had a look at that selection. Most are still closed and the ones that are open have some pretty dreadful reviews. They are doing pre-packed food instead of a buffet (I bet that's revolting), one doesn't even have a bathroom and they charge $30 for 2 hours and enforce in strictly.

I might just go to the gate and drop a valium and have a sleep.
You'll find lots of seat space to stretch out these days.

Foodwise, I've only eaten at Bangkok Airport gate restaurants a few times. Just about everything was appallingly bad. I was served the worst ever Thai omelette at the airport, which cost a ridiculous price of 240 baht with some awful rice. The last three years I've brought my own sandwiches and whatnot, and they slide through security no problem. The Gloria Jeans -- one at Gate E for sure -- is not bad.
Are there any bars open?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Doc67 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:42 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:30 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:14 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:50 pm
Doc67 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:20 pm What facilities are open at BKK for transit passengers?

I have 4 hours to kill...
Lounge access for $28.
https://www.loungebuddy.com/BKK

Awaiting a Bangkok Air flight you get free lounge access to their Boutique lounge.
I had a look at that selection. Most are still closed and the ones that are open have some pretty dreadful reviews. They are doing pre-packed food instead of a buffet (I bet that's revolting), one doesn't even have a bathroom and they charge $30 for 2 hours and enforce in strictly.

I might just go to the gate and drop a valium and have a sleep.
You'll find lots of seat space to stretch out these days.

Foodwise, I've only eaten at Bangkok Airport gate restaurants a few times. Just about everything was appallingly bad. I was served the worst ever Thai omelette at the airport, which cost a ridiculous price of 240 baht with some awful rice. The last three years I've brought my own sandwiches and whatnot, and they slide through security no problem. The Gloria Jeans -- one at Gate E for sure -- is not bad.
Are there any bars open?
Sorry, it's not something I seek out at airports. But there should be beer service at the open restaurants, and I did see some open.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Starting next month, bus travel enthusiasts in Thailand will have 10 bus route options options in Laos.
One of the Thailand-Laos bus routes began earlier this month, from Mukdahan to Savannakhet. Now, the president of Transport Co Ltd, Sanyalux Panwattanalikit, has listed 9 new Thailand-Laos routes starting June 15.

The new routes will be: Nong Khai to Vientiane, Udon Thani to Vientiane, Ubon Ratchathani to Pakse, Khon Kaen to Vientiane, Bangkok to Vientiane, Nakhon Phanom to Thakhek, Chiang Rai to Bokeo, Loei to Luang Prabang, and a line running between Udon Thani, Udon Thani International Airport, Nong Khai, and Vang Vieng.

To buy tickets for busses from Thailand to Laos, travel nerds can visit https://tcl99web.transport.co.th/Home.
https://thethaiger.com/travel/tourism-t ... 2022-05-29
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Just an update - I helped 3 family members who will be visiting me next month to apply for ThaiPass yesterday got it within 6hrs.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

yong wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:03 pm Just an update - I helped 3 family members who will be visiting me next month to apply for ThaiPass yesterday got it within 6hrs.
You've just single-handedly managed to majorly boost the June tourist arrivals statistics. :thumb:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:54 pm
yong wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:03 pm Just an update - I helped 3 family members who will be visiting me next month to apply for ThaiPass yesterday got it within 6hrs.
You've just single-handedly managed to majorly boost the June tourist arrivals statistics. :thumb:
Did another 2 ThaiPasses for another 2 family members took 4 and a half hours only. 1 more to go after my niece receive her new passport. Total 6 visiting next week.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

yong wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:03 pm
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:54 pm
Did another 2 ThaiPasses for another 2 family members took 4 and a half hours only. 1 more to go after my niece receive her new passport. Total 6 visiting next week.
Expect a personal visit and photo op from the Head of TAT. :bow:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

a move in the right direction,
With cannabis possession on track to no longer be illegal in 10 days and parliament days away from permitting its consumption, Thailand’s top health official reminded the nation that it should really only use it “in good conscience.”

Straddling a message that is both pro-cannabis without seeming to encourage its recreational use, Anutin has repeatedly reminded folks to use marijuana “the right way” and be “vigilant about misuse.”

While the government won’t go as far as to green light lighting up just for fun, the legal distinction is an academic one.

“Technically, the government doesn’t endorse recreational use such as smoking, but if you are growing cannabis at home for personal use for cooking or whatnot; if you’re going to cut the flower or process it, then the government won’t be able to monitor you,” said Arun Avery, one of the founders of weed advocacy Highland who sits on the board of a cannabis research facility at Udon Thani Cancer Hospital.
.....Smoking weed in public could be reported and prosecuted as a public nuisance because of the “bad smell,” according to Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoenchai, director of the Disease Control Department. He said he would propose such a rule as an amendment to the bill.
LOL

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/holdin ... more-days/
People of Thailand are certain to be in high spirits come next month when the government will give away 1 million free cannabis plants for home cultivation.

Thailand’s public health minister, who has spearheaded the country’s drive to decriminalize weed, announced in a Facebook post Sunday the government will distribute 1 million of the plants when most legal restrictions on production and possession of the drug are lifted in June

Anutin declared that individuals will no longer need to obtain a permit to grow cannabis at home, as long as it is declared to be for medicinal purposes and does not have THC content above the legal maximum.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

1st legalized pot
2nd gay pride parade
what's next?

Incase you’ve forgotten, Bangkok will hold its first real Pride parade tomorrow (Sunday), Bangkok Naruemit Pride, in honour of Thailand’s LGBT+ community

https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/don ... DyxkJtNgMs

and the gov. in phuket does a flip flop
Phuket Governor has rescinded the order for not wearing masks outdoors. After just one day he now says everyone must wear masks again

since march 2019 i never wore a mask at the beach, nor while driving, nor while riding a motorcycle
some laws just scream out " disobey"
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:47 am 1st legalized pot
2nd gay pride parade
what's next?
dismantle the Phuket taxi mafia
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic