Battambang - PP road

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Battambang - PP road

Post by Darkcel »

nemo wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:56 pm No, that is just a railmotor
How much for a ticket?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Darkcel wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:01 am
nemo wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:56 pm No, that is just a railmotor
How much for a ticket?
$9 one way
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

My question was aimed at finding out the road conditions and the impact on bus travel. Now more than 2 years ago the ride from Poipet to PP was a nightmare in daytime. As I will be flying into BKK and then move overland, saving an arm and a leg on airfare, I am not sure if it is would be wiser to go via Siem Reap. Some night buses are taking that route.

I know that the road from the boarder to Battambang is good now. Thus, I am not sure whether to stomach the 200 kms between Pursat and the bridge or take the scenic route via Siem Reap. The SR-PP run I have done over and again during covid and I am not really eager for a repeat.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

A week ago, I went with a bus from PP to Poipet via Battambang. The road is by and large as good as it was before and, of course, excellent in the finished sections. The stretch to Pursat is still mostly under construction but at least one side of the highway has been completely and is better than the old road. Here and there finished stretches. Pursat - Battambang is almost done. Unfortunately, in some parts Cambodians use both sides and you face counter flow on the left lane, trucks, bikes, speeding cars and even the police. Very dangerous. Battambang - Sisophon is like flying. The bus needed 11 hrs due to some problems. Better maintained buses with a good driver should make it in 10 hrs. By next year the situation will be much better. The lanes are separated by a wall which should make it much safer than the Siem Reap route. Only problem is to tell those Cambodian drivers what a highway is....
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

The Oudonk by-pass section has been open intermittently, this will be a big help when it is fully open. There have been delays south of Oudonk where the road has been getting flooded.
In general, the road should wear well as it has been made under Japanese supervision.
And we even have the choice of a train travel alternative on this toute.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic