Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Doc67 »

What facilities are open at BKK for transit passengers?

I have 4 hours to kill...
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

i flew on 22 january, my info is of course out-dated, but at that moment i had 4.25h layover, from 20.40 until 01.05 and there was about nothing, the best i could find was a SUBWAY takeway-sandwich, about al the other facilities where under construction or just closed. Some of the airline-lounges where open, but also maybe only 1 in 3 of them . . .
When i arrived in DUBAI 6 hours later: everything open, even the mosque on front of mac-donalds made the usueal 6-clock noice: aallaaah akbaarrr !!
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:26 pm Your insurance needs to specify Covid and coverage of $10k minimum (I can't imagine any medical policy specifying a lesser figure).

If both of those are satisfied, you are OK.
What if you overstay your Thailand Pass insurance coverage date by a day or 2? Still within visa stay but a couple days past policy expiry?

Anyone know? :Search:
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Grand Barong wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:44 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:26 pm Your insurance needs to specify Covid and coverage of $10k minimum (I can't imagine any medical policy specifying a lesser figure).

What if you overstay your Thailand Pass insurance coverage date by a day or 2? Still within visa stay but a couple days past policy expiry?

I don't think it matters one bit. I passed my 6-month insurance date a couple of weeks ago. I left the country a week after it expired and am now returned with a new insurance package -- which no checked when I arrived in Bangkok last Friday. Also, many people -- as noted in ASEAN Now forum -- are just getting 30-day packages even if they're staying for months. Not even a raised eyebrow from authorities, according to reports.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:00 pm
Grand Barong wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:44 pm

I don't think it matters one bit. I passed my 6-month insurance date a couple of weeks ago. I left the country a week after it expired and am now returned with a new insurance package -- which no checked when I arrived in Bangkok last Friday. Also, many people -- as noted in ASEAN Now forum -- are just getting 30-day packages even if they're staying for months. Not even a raised eyebrow from authorities, according to reports.
Thanks for that info, :thumb: I figured once you are there it wouldn't be that easy for them to keep check on everyone... Almost a bit of an honesty system in a way?
where is the ASEAN Now forum? is it a fb thing or CEO?
Cheers
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:20 pm What facilities are open at BKK for transit passengers?

Lounge access for $28.
https://www.loungebuddy.com/BKK

Awaiting a Bangkok Air flight you get free lounge access to their Boutique lounge.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:50 pm
Doc67 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:20 pm What facilities are open at BKK for transit passengers?

Lounge access for $28.

Awaiting a Bangkok Air flight you get free lounge access to their Boutique lounge.
I had a look at that selection. Most are still closed and the ones that are open have some pretty dreadful reviews. They are doing pre-packed food instead of a buffet (I bet that's revolting), one doesn't even have a bathroom and they charge $30 for 2 hours and enforce in strictly.

I might just go to the gate and drop a valium and have a sleep.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

automatic approval of thai pass June 1st and now

Thailand could drop its mask mandate by mid-June, says Ministry of Public Health
After two years of compulsory mask-wearing in indoor and outdoor spaces, Thailand aims to drop its mask mandate by mid-June, according to the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Public Health Dr. Kiattipoom Wongrachit.

At a conference held today at Diamond Plaza hotel in Surat Thani, southern Thailand, Kiattipoom said the ministry is considering dropping the compulsory mandate as soon as mid-June given Thailand’s continually improving Covid-19 situation.

Even once the mandate is dropped, the MOPH recommends – but will not enforce – wearing a mask in three instances…
  • If you are infected with Covid-19 or you are in a high-risk group
    In a closed and badly ventilated space
    In crowded places
https://thethaiger.com/news/national/th ... 2022-05-25
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Doc67 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:14 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:50 pm

Lounge access for $28.

I had a look at that selection. Most are still closed and the ones that are open have some pretty dreadful reviews. They are doing pre-packed food instead of a buffet (I bet that's revolting), one doesn't even have a bathroom and they charge $30 for 2 hours and enforce in strictly.

I might just go to the gate and drop a valium and have a sleep.
You'll find lots of seat space to stretch out these days.

Foodwise, I've only eaten at Bangkok Airport gate restaurants a few times. Just about everything was appallingly bad. I was served the worst ever Thai omelette at the airport, which cost a ridiculous price of 240 baht with some awful rice. The last three years I've brought my own sandwiches and whatnot, and they slide through security no problem. The Gloria Jeans -- one at Gate E for sure -- is not bad.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic