Telegram

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Telegram

Post by Alex »

Freightdog wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:19 pm For both my Cellcard sims, even with my passport and visa details attached, and regular topups applied, both were recycled by Cellcard. Despite lots of effort, the only responses received, face to face with Cellcard were- No Ha’, or No can. So, wasted money. They were insistent that the number was dead because the sim had not been registered on a cellular network, and so it was disabled. It may be that they’ve improved their game, since.
Did you not "use" them at least from time to time, roaming from a foreign network? That's what I did. After each top up, I checked the balance from abroad, that seemed to be enough "activity" to keep my Cellcard SIM card alive for more than two years.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Alex wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:42 pm
Freightdog wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:19 pm For both my Cellcard sims, even with my passport and visa details attached, and regular topups applied, both were recycled by Cellcard. Despite lots of effort, the only responses received, face to face with Cellcard were- No Ha’, or No can. So, wasted money. They were insistent that the number was dead because the sim had not been registered on a cellular network, and so it was disabled. It may be that they’ve improved their game, since.
Did you not "use" them at least from time to time, roaming from a foreign network? That's what I did. After each top up, I checked the balance from abroad, that seemed to be enough "activity" to keep my Cellcard SIM card alive for more than two years.
Those sims wouldn’t log on to any network outside Cambodia, even though the top up registered online (receipts for proof). As I say, it might be that the networks have improved their game since COVID.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Freightdog wrote:
Alestates._id=547031 wrote:Mon May 23, 2022 8:42 pm
Those sims wouldn’t log on to any network outside Cambodia, even though the top up registered online (receipts for proof). As I say, it might be that the networks have improved their game since COVID.
I could use my Smart Sim in the states

Smart also has WiFi calling, allowing you to use your simcard through a WiFi network as if being in Cambodia.

https://www.smart.com.kh/services/add-o ... i-calling/

Topping up once every few months without actually using yr sim should be enough (but its the kingdom of wonder so we shouldn't assume anything, lol)
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Freightdog wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:24 pm Those sims wouldn’t log on to any network outside Cambodia, even though the top up registered online (receipts for proof). As I say, it might be that the networks have improved their game since COVID.
Nothing to do with Covid, more with activating roaming before leaving Cambodia. I used my Cellcard SIM card abroad (mostly in Thailand) long before Covid, it's just that my absence during Covid was much longer than usual.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic