My New Venture - Goodness Me! It's Gluten Free

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: My New Venture - Goodness Me! It's Gluten Free

Post by rozzieoz »

Can You Suddenly Get Gluten Intolerance?
https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/can-su ... -8668.html

Suddenly developing side effects from eating gluten after a life of tolerating it just fine can leave you feeling overwhelmed and confused. It's likely that you have carried a gene for gluten intolerance without knowing it and something in your life triggered the gene to be expressed. Take some time to learn about the different types of gluten intolerance and see your doctor for testing. Also, try eliminating gluten from your diet and note if your symptoms improve.

Gluten Intolerance
Gluten intolerance is a broad term that can refer to celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity or a wheat allergy. They are all immune responses triggered by eating gluten, the protein found in wheat, rye and barley. Celiac disease is an autoimmune condition in which intestinal damage is caused by eating wheat; a wheat allergy causes a specific immune system reaction. According to the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, gluten sensitivity is less severe than celiac disease because intestinal damage does not occur. However, side effects from eating gluten may be significant for all three.

Symptoms
If you have gluten intolerance, you would experience side effects within hours or up to days after eating gluten. Symptoms vary from person to person and may depend on the quantity of gluten you consume. Some people will feel the effects of a crumb of bread that contains gluten, while others would have to eat the whole slice to feel any effects. There are about 300 different symptoms, but the most common include headache; foggy thinking; joint pain; numbness or tingling in the arms, legs or fingers; diarrhea; fatigue; abdominal pain; vomiting; and anemia.

Triggers
Genetics plays a major role in gluten intolerance. If you have family members with the condition, you're more prone to developing it. Some will experience symptoms as soon as they begin eating gluten as children, while others may suddenly develop symptoms in adulthood. According to The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center, severe trauma, illness, stress or pregnancy may trigger a gluten intolerance later in life in someone who carries the genes for it. However, more research is needed to understand the causes of sudden gluten intolerance.

Testing and Treatment
If you think you're sensitive to gluten, it's important to see your healthcare provider to be tested for a wheat allergy and celiac disease, especially with a sudden appearance of symptoms. Undiagnosed celiac disease or allergies could lead to long-term complications, including intestinal problems, nutrient deficiencies and illness. A gluten sensitivity can only be diagnosed by following an elimination diet in which gluten is totally avoided and by monitoring symptoms for improvement.

In all cases, the only treatment is a completely gluten-free diet.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

It had to happen.
gremlins got into the technical stuff, so we cannot open today. Stay tuned.....
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

We are still unable to use the hangme.app but....if you'd like to order, please send me a PM here or via Facebook and we will make it happen.
Open from 11am - 3pm.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Is there an opinion for customers who would call in an order then want to collect?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

AndyKK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:14 pm Is there an opinion for customers who would call in an order then want to collect?
Absolutely Andy!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

We will be opening on Nham24 next week, please stay tuned.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:25 am We will be opening on Nham24 next week, please stay tuned.
It will be interesting how such a food delivery company effects your food prices and business. :popcorn:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Monday is the day, they have assured us we will be open on Nham24 on Monday.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

YES! We have a store on Nham24, now we just have to correct some spelling errors and get some photos added.
But we WILL be open on Monday.

It's been a weird two weeks but hopefully this time we can get going for real :)

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic