Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Do you support Russia or Ukraine in this conflict?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Russia
18%
Ukraine
73%
It's a hoax
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 79
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Who was it that has always said, The side that wins the next big war will be the side that produces drones, the size of a can of coke, as cheap as a can of coke and manufactured as fast as a can of coke comes off the production line.
Spoiler:
Oh, that's right, it was me.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Former Vice-President of Gazprombank joins Ukranian armed forces:

‘I could not be part of this crime’: the Russians fighting for Ukraine
Igor Volobuyev joined a legion of Russians hoping to defeat their homeland and maybe topple Putin
Pjotr Sauer in Kyiv
Last modified on Tue 14 Jun 2022 16.03 BST

Walking around Kyiv in his new Ukrainian military attire, Igor Volobuyev felt as if he finally fulfilled his purpose.

For weeks after leaving Russia for Ukraine, the former vice-president of Gazprombank spent his days trying to convince officials to provide him with Ukrainian documents and allow him to sign up for military service to fight against a country where he had spent most of his adult life.

“The moment war broke out, I knew right away I wanted to go and defend Ukraine,” Volobuyev said in an interview in the Ukrainian capital.

“I first wanted to join the territorial defence units in the Sumi region, where I grew up. I reached out to a lot of officials but legally it was not possible for me to fight there as a Russian.”

Soon, however, Volobuyev was presented with the option to join the “Freedom for Russia” legion, a special military unit that is part of the Ukrainian armed forces and is made up entirely of Russian nationals.

He said he embraced the chance with open arms, and on Saturday in a video address, Volobuyev, holding an automatic gun, announced that he had joined the legion.

“I am very glad I have achieved my first goal. But now I have to quickly undergo military training so I can actually go and fight. I can’t stop halfway,” he said.

The 50-year-old has Ukrainian roots but holds a Russian passport and lived most of his life in Moscow where he became the vice-president at Gazprombank, Russia’s third-largest bank which is owned by energy company Gazprom. He was one of a handful of high-profile Russian defectors who condemned the war.

Now, his decision to take up arms against Russia is another twist in a remarkable story. His public defection had already caused shockwaves given his senior role in a company that is at the heart of the Russian establishment and is chaired by Alexei Miller, the CEO of Gazprom, who is close to Vladimir Putin.

“I made compromises with myself for a long time … But on the 24 February [the day Russia launched its invasion], any talk of compromise became impossible,” he said. “I could not be part of this crime.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... or-ukraine
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Former Vice-President of Gazprombank joins Ukranian armed forces:

‘I could not be part of this crime’: the Russians fighting for Ukraine
Igor Volobuyev joined a legion of Russians hoping to defeat their homeland and maybe topple Putin
Laudable, but slightly naive and even poorly utilised, maybe?

Surely his inside knowledge could be put to much better use? Plus, there would be less likelihood of him becoming a casualty in a moment of crisis of conscience, if/when faced with shooting a fellow Russian?
I’m sure the intelligence services have already considered this, though. So…propaganda material?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Wonder how much his bank account grew
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Return to sender.

Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:20 am Return to sender.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of invaders.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Were they using small lasers to interfere with the missile guidance system?
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:39 pm

Were they using small lasers to interfere with the missile guidance system?
Maybe the operator was drunk and could not tell the difference between ''Choose Starting Point'' and ''Choose Destination '' when loading in the GPS co-ordinates into the guided missile system before firing.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Interesting info on how Ukraine uses Starlink and how microwave is used to take photos through clouds and at night when Russia operate under the cover of darkness. Watch on youtube.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic