Openet forced closing due to debt

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Openet forced closing due to debt

Post by Doc67 »

IraHayes wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:46 am Here’s one for you all to ponder on.

I am an OpneNet customer.
My monthly paid for time ran out on the 3rd on this month.
The Internet still works fine.

Will update as and when it dies.
Mine was due to expire Saturday at midnight but it still works fine. When I got a text from them I logged into their system and found the account name holder but it has no further information, such as what package I am on, money due, subscription expiry date - nothing at all.

It may well be they have had Openet customers dumped into their laps and while they know our phone numbers, they might know precious little else. How long this situation lasts, and what they are going to do about it, is anyone's guess.

Register with them and keep an eye on your account for updates of information.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I just got my Smart Home installed - so far so great :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:36 pm I just got my Smart Home installed - so far so great :)
Me too. Now I can cut down all those Opennet wires that crisscross the street.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Tootsfriend wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:43 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:36 pm I just got my Smart Home installed - so far so great :)
Me too. Now I can cut down all those Opennet wires that crisscross the street.
And just to add to that, the Smart Modem sends out a much stronger signal that the Opennet one did on fiberoptic cable. I can now receive a 1/3 bar signal in my bedroom one floor up and through 2 plus brick walls.
hairdo
BANNED
Guam

Post by hairdo »

It seems the Opennet line is working well and I was told that the old office has reopened with the new owner. The charges are a bit higher, but this is a landline with no bandwidth limit. I guess the 250GB you get a month with a basic Smart plan is enough, but how about if you have a family that plays a lot of games and watches Youtube? Is 400Gb a month enough?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

May 23, 2022
EDC says SingMeng must immediately remove it’s internet cables after debts go unpaid

Following the collapse of Internet provider Opennet, another ISP appears to be in trouble after Electricite du Cambodge (EDC) issued a notice announcing the termination of the lease agreement for fiber optic cables with CAMBODIAN SINGMENG Telemedia CO., LTD after the company failed to pay several months of payments.

In addition, Electricite du Cambodge (EDC) requests that CAMBODIAN SINGMENG Telemedia CO., LTD and a third party, which is installing optical cables on EDC’s power poles through various communications with SINGMENG Company, pay the remaining electricity pole fees.

Electricite du Cambodge (EDC) will complete and dismantle its fiber optic cable from the electricity pole of Electricite du Cambodge within two months from the date of this notice.

Electricite du Cambodge (EDC) warns that if the deadline expires, Electricite du Cambodge (EDC) will take legal action against the company, demanding all of the above debts from the company and related parties, including the removal of the company’s fiber optic cable from Electricite du Cambodge (EDC) poles.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501080634/ ... go-unpaid/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:24 pm May 23, 2022
EDC says SingMeng must immediately remove it’s internet cables after debts go unpaid

Following the collapse of Internet provider Opennet, another ISP appears to be in trouble after Electricite du Cambodge (EDC) issued a notice announcing the termination of the lease agreement for fiber optic cables with CAMBODIAN SINGMENG Telemedia CO., LTD after the company failed to pay several months of payments.

In addition, Electricite du Cambodge (EDC) requests that CAMBODIAN SINGMENG Telemedia CO., LTD and a third party, which is installing optical cables on EDC’s power poles through various communications with SINGMENG Company, pay the remaining electricity pole fees.

Electricite du Cambodge (EDC) will complete and dismantle its fiber optic cable from the electricity pole of Electricite du Cambodge within two months from the date of this notice.

Electricite du Cambodge (EDC) warns that if the deadline expires, Electricite du Cambodge (EDC) will take legal action against the company, demanding all of the above debts from the company and related parties, including the removal of the company’s fiber optic cable from Electricite du Cambodge (EDC) poles.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501080634/ ... go-unpaid/

Yea, Gunna start with that cable in the middle.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Interesting long read.
Cambodia creates new snarls as it tries to untangle its internet mess
Fears grow that cheap and fast access could suffer under regulatory crackdown
SHAUN TURTON, Contributing writerJune 3, 2022 06:00 JST

PHNOM PENH -- On a recent morning in May, utility workers pulled down masses of tangled black wires running above a busy street in Phnom Penh as part of a broad effort to clean up the Cambodian capital's sprawling fiber network.

Nearby, some residents and businesses saw their internet service cut for days as the cables came down, without replacements ready to go. Far from routine maintenance gone wrong, the episode speaks to major changes happening within Cambodia's telecommunication sector.

After years of war, Phnom Penh was left with just 3,000 telephone lines in the 1990s. Today, Cambodians enjoy some of the cheapest and fastest internet connections among its economic peers -- made possible by a sprawling network of fiber set up almost entirely by private telecoms companies and internet service providers (ISPs) operating with almost no regulatory oversight.

Now, the pendulum has swung in the other direction. After decades of unfettered growth, Cambodia's telecoms sector is in the middle of a sweeping crackdown. While industry players and analysts say they support improved compliance, they worry that the "heavy-handed" and "uncompromising" approach by the authorities is degrading internet speeds and increasing prices.

At a time when Cambodian policy makers are touting visions of a "digital transformation" to strengthen the country's vulnerable export-reliant economy, some in the sector even fear Cambodia's gains in connectivity will be lost unless a middle ground is found.
More here: https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Busine ... ernet-mess
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
snsv
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by snsv »

I have Smart@Home, but the speed is unstable on my location, especially at 9PM - 11 PM, I got 1-3 Mbps.
I'm lucky that my location has a good speed for Cellcard, I'm using Le Long Long Ka package, $8 for 80 GB / 30 days.
Spoiler:
Berlin
Phnom Penh
Singapore

$2 for 20 GB / 7 days *9888*2#
$8 for 80 GB / 30 days *9888*8#
To stop auto renew *9888*0#
But my main line still using Sinet, 2 years without any major issue, fast response for trouble shooting.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

I had to move from my apartment into next door 50 yards have been calling EZECOM for 18 days absolutely useless ," yes sir we will call you back" they don't well sorry not accurate twice out of over 20 calls to them someone called back and spoke in Khmer when I asked to talk in English they hung up which I find extremely frustrating and rude. So I call back press 2 for English so its answered in Khmer ... english please I say ... disconnected . 18 days now this has been going on , no one returns calls, they do not answer messages left on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ezecom/ . I have send countless emails not one has been replied to . So if your looking for internet give EZECOM a BIG MISS absolutely the worst service I've experienced in years of living here . Gotta say before they took over Openent , Opennet was super service asked for router to be moved they were there the same day now 18 days ZIP, NARDA, NOTHING !!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic