Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:12 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:20 pm From the Bangkok Post today,

As of May 3, Thailand had welcomed 853,165 tourists, of which 74,414 came from the UK, followed by Germany (63,342), Russia (55,995), India (51,783) and the US (49,792).

Presumably these are figures starting Jan 1. Interesting to see India numbers pick up. Russia will have collapsed of course.

Mr Yuthasak said prospects for the long-haul market in the off-peak season are quite positive, raising hopes the country could log 500,000 tourist arrivals this month.

Airlies may not share this optimism as the weather in the cold countries improves. Scoot, which started a new flight from Gatwick to Bangkok this year, have discontinued it as of 1 June.
I wondered how long that Scoot service would last, I was thinking about using it myself one way back to the UK to utilise an outstanding Thai Airways return. Air Asia tried a similar budget experiment from KL to Stansted years ago which I flew once, it only lasted a few months as well.
A friend warned our crew against taking a budget airline (Scoot) for a long flight. Called it cramped, uncomfortable and understaffed. Flew from Bangkok to London in late April. From the "You get what you pay for" department: It was made worse by a 4-year-old punk kicking the back of his seat.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

'Endemic sandbox' proposed for islands, nightspots would reopen :thumb:
The Public Health Ministry will propose declaring Covid-19 endemic on three major tourist islands - Koh Samui in Surat Thani province, Koh Chang in Trat and Phuket - and the reopening of night entertainment venues there.

Health permanent secretary Kiattiphum Wongrajit said on Thursday the ministry would seek approval from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) for its "endemic sandbox" initiative, a first step towards declaring Covid-19 an endemic disease nationwide.

......He expected the implementation of the endemic sandbox initiative would lead to the government's declaration of Covid-19 as an endemic disease in July.

....Dr Kiattiphum said wearing of face masks would remain a requirement under the endemic status of Covid-19.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... uld-reopen

Still hopeful the thai pass will be a thing of the past clome jne 1st
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:32 pm 'Endemic sandbox' proposed for islands, nightspots would reopen :thumb:
The Public Health Ministry will propose declaring Covid-19 endemic on three major tourist islands - Koh Samui in Surat Thani province, Koh Chang in Trat and Phuket - and the reopening of night entertainment venues there.

Health permanent secretary Kiattiphum Wongrajit said on Thursday the ministry would seek approval from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) for its "endemic sandbox" initiative, a first step towards declaring Covid-19 an endemic disease nationwide.

......He expected the implementation of the endemic sandbox initiative would lead to the government's declaration of Covid-19 as an endemic disease in July.

....Dr Kiattiphum said wearing of face masks would remain a requirement under the endemic status of Covid-19.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... uld-reopen

Still hopeful the thai pass will be a thing of the past clome jne 1st
So masks will be a permanent feature in Thailand then.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Even in Jan/Feb 2002, the vast majority of tourists weren't bothering to wear face masks outside anyway & the police are doing nothing about it, that I saw
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

This morning here in Vietnam, I booked my Thailand Pass for my return. Submitted it just before noon and received approval around 3 pm. Wow! Says I only need to . . .
Travelling to Thailand
1. Please prepare your documents to present at the check-in counter and to the agencies concerned when arriving in Thailand. The documents are as follows
1.1 Passport with visa (if required)
1.2 Thailand Pass QR Code (on mobile device or printed copy)
2. When arriving in Thailand, please present your document(s) and Thailand Pass QR Code to the immigration and disease control officers.
However, I won't fall for that. After all, it's Thailand, where paper is king. I'll dutifully print out the: TH vax certificate, TH insurance paper and VN Air ticket. Oh yes, and the QR code certificate.

What I didn't like about the TP was having to list my home country address and phone number. Why? Because of Thailand's sieve like security on important government web sites. It also didn't ask for say, my visa or re-entry permit. I uploaded the permit to a spot at the end for supplementary info.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:35 pm
What I didn't like about the TP was having to list my home country address and phone number. Why? Because of Thailand's sieve like security on important government web sites. It also didn't ask for say, my visa or re-entry permit. I uploaded the permit to a spot at the end for supplementary info.
Me to I don't like the idea people know I'm away from my house for a while, same with getting taxi's to the airport from home, they know your house maybe empty.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Thai authorities haven't heard about Vietnam and Laos yet? :geek:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:35 pm This morning here in Vietnam, I booked my Thailand Pass for my return. Submitted it just before noon and received approval around 3 pm. Wow! Says I only need to . . .
Travelling to Thailand
1. Please prepare your documents to present at the check-in counter and to the agencies concerned when arriving in Thailand. The documents are as follows
1.1 Passport with visa (if required)
1.2 Thailand Pass QR Code (on mobile device or printed copy)
2. When arriving in Thailand, please present your document(s) and Thailand Pass QR Code to the immigration and disease control officers.
However, I won't fall for that. After all, it's Thailand, where paper is king. I'll dutifully print out the: TH vax certificate, TH insurance paper and VN Air ticket. Oh yes, and the QR code certificate.

Giving visa details isn't required at all for the Thai Pass, thats why it doesn't ask for them :). A Thai Pass also isn't required to apply for a visa. The 2 are completely separate processes, independent of each other

Through-out Covid, it has always been advised to print all travel documents, seems very sensible thing to do. Its something I have always done for all my trips anyway, including printing copies
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

NOT what i was hoping for: :-(
From June 1st, Thais returning to Thailand need not apply for a “Thailand Pass”, but foreigners are still required to do so, but the process for foreigners to enter Thailand will be made easier, while quarantine for air and land arrivals will be scrapped, according an announcement by The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) today (Friday).

There is to be no quarantine requirement for those who are not fully vaccinated arriving by air or land, but they must either take a rapid antigen test, administered a medical professional, within 72 hours prior to departure or upon arrival. The insurance coverage requirement remains US10,000.

No COVID-19 test results will be required prior to travel for international arrivals who are fully vaccinated.
The CCSA also decided to allow pubs, bars and karaoke bars in the “Blue”, or “sandbox” zones, and “Green”, or COVID-19 surveillance zones, to reopen until midnight, effective from June 1st, but with certain restrictions, including no sharing of unwashed glasses or liquor sales promotions, but the sale of alcohol is allowed and close contact between customers and bar employees is permissible, but they must wear face masks.
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-s ... non-thais/

so in a nutshell;
if fully vaccinated;
Thai pass required
Insurance required
Bars / Clubs Open ONLY till midnight

Not good enough for tourism fully to return
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

No sharing of unwashed glasses, that's hilarious even by Thai standards! Open until midnight lol.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic