post and crown dental procedure?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

post and crown dental procedure?

Post by wolfcreek »

Anyone had a post and crown dental procedure done in Phnom Penh? If so, what was the approximate cost? Any dentist recommendations?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: post and crown dental procedure?

Post by rozzieoz »

Pachem Dental, around $150 per crown. I can highly recommend them!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

My wife was a dental nurse so would do my basic work (fillings/cleanings) but I went to Eurodental for more complex procedures. Can't remember the costs involved but they are not low cost, the work was done very well though.

http://eurodentalcambodia.com/our_team/
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

wolfcreek wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:02 pm Anyone had a post and crown dental procedure done in Phnom Penh? If so, what was the approximate cost? Any dentist recommendations?
Heres a reply I made on the affordable dentist thread post474816.html#p474816

Re: Affordable Dentist

Post by Kuroneko » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:38 am
I have been using Roomchang since they opened and have had numerous implants and crowns done including some dental surgery and also minor work which has always been done well. Previously I used to go to Bangkok but going to Roomchang made this unnecessary. My latest visit was about a month ago for a checkup and minor filling. Heres a cut and paste of of a post I made about seven years ago.

Kuroneko wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:16 am

Roomchang in Phnom Penh have all the right equipment and are equally as good as anything in Bangkok. IMO better than my Bangkok dentist. Check out their site here: http://roomchang.com/

Here's a cut and paste of my comments on another thread:

I made some inquiries concerning implants and got recommendations for Dr. Lov at Roomchang. He subsequently did the implant and did an excellent job. For serious dental work I previously went to Bangkok, now all my dental work is done by Roomchang. The thing I like about Roomchang which goes for other top notch Asian style dentists is they have all the required equipment on site and usually do the work in one hit, and so you are not messing about with time wasting repeat appointments. ask-the-expat/cambodian-dentists-t4928- ... =roomchang
And from the Cambodian dentist thread

Copy of my post on Cambodian Dentists thread

Post by Kuroneko » Fri May 15, 2015 10:22 am
I would wholly recommend Roomchang. I started going there after a bad experience at European Dental where they broke a tooth while attempting a root canal filling. Below is a cut and paste of comments I made on the other forum.

I have had bad experiences with European Dental. The first visit was years ago when the place had first opened, the French guy running the place was good. However on the two following visits I had other dentists working there at the time. The second visit the dentist succeeded in breaking a tooth in the gum when replacing a crown. The third visit (many years later) was for a root canal filling and the dentist (different dentist) again broke the tooth in the gum. The root canal involved a number of visits which was essentially money down the drain as there was no refund on the mistake. The only solution now was an implant. I would have to make another appointment to have the tooth removed then have the implant done.

I cut my losses and went straight over to Roomchang Dental which was second place on my list of dentists. I walked in and asked when they could remove the broken tooth and they said right away. About 45 mins later I walked out sans tooth, cost $25. I made some inquiries concerning implants and got recommendations for Dr. Lov at Roomchang. He subsequently did the implant and did an excellent job. For serious dental work I previously went to Bangkok, now all my dental work is done by Roomchang. The thing I like about Roomchang which goes for other top notch Asian style dentists is they have all the required equipment on site and usually do the work in one hit, and so you are not messing about with time wasting repeat appointments.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Roz,

Can I assume $150 was for the crown only (no post used underneath it)?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

wolfcreek wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:36 am Roz,

Can I assume $150 was for the crown only (no post used underneath it)?
No that was for the whole procedure, everything included.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Kuroneko wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:27 am I have had bad experiences with European Dental. The first visit was years ago when the place had first opened, the French guy running the place was good.
Same here, for my wife. The guy is good, but the repair lasted 2 years before deteriorating, so, it didn't hold too long. Low quality resin / filling i guess. :(

Now the problem is fixed, due to free healthcare here (the motherland), thank you for asking.
The delays before consulting are freaking long nowadays though, like there is a shortage of dentists and doctors in general. It's not Britain-like yet fortunately.

Now as for me, in order to shortcut the 3 to 6 months waiting list + skip the gory details & general stress, my way is to declare myself having a phobia of dental surgery, make it written by my doctor which takes my word for it, and then go through the specific doctors treating only people with handicaps (because phobia is an handicap), who treat me 3 days after taking an appointment, with great care through a full anesthesia, in an half day, in at 10.00, out at 16.00, magico presto con great resultos.

It's just nice, to wake up with a nice smile then waltz through the door with a 30-ish euro bill to clear, without any admin hassle. I actually went out without paying anything then came back later for that.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I started this page several years ago, after my treatment.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=d ... 20cambodia
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

I visited Roomchand and Pachem this week and both places are asking $300 for a basic crown (ceramic with titanium base). But much more if a root canal is needed before the crown procedure. Also more if you desire a ceramic crown without the titanium base.
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

Here is the Roomchang pricelist https://roomchang.com/dental-overseas-costs/. Been there a few times and job well done, but they're pricey.

Another which I can recommend is https://pagnadental.com/. My vote goes for Dr. Pagna.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic