2 Kids Kidnapped in Siem Reap and Found in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

2 Kids Kidnapped in Siem Reap and Found in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Siem Reap Province): On May 12, 2022, at 1:30 pm, two brothers, Hun Kenheng, a 13-year-old boy, and Hun Sovisal, a 9-year-old boy were reported by their father as victims of a kidnapping by 4 unknown men while on their way to school in Siem Reap province.
According to the missing boys' father, the victims were riding a bicycle to school when they were forced into a van behind a Japanese garage in Kork Tnoat village, Kondek commune, Prasat Bakong district, Siem Reap.
The father reported the kidnap to the authorities, who started an investigation and a search for the missing children.
ImageImageImageImage

Fortunately, on May 16, 2022, the 2 missing schoolboys from Siem Reap province were found wandering around Koh Pich island in Phnom Penh.
The 2 boys were questioned by the police at 6:00 am, and their family was informed that they had been found safe and sound. The boys were taken care of by police and social workers until the family arrived.
However, the kidnappers haven't been found yet, and the motive for the act remains mysterious.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: 2 Kids Kidnapped in Siem Reap and Found in Phnom Penh

Post by Bongmab69 »

I could be completely wrong, but in fact, i kidnapped also a boy, in Pailin. He was probably 6 years old, he knever saw a Barang, knever was out of Pailin. I was driving my car from SR to Pailin, to visit some family from my (that time) girl-friend. She went during the day to do some shopping in Pailin-border-market just across the border, and she ddint need to do any paperwork with her Khmer-id-card, and as i couldnt go, i went to have a drink in town. When she turn up in the early evening, she told me, we have a passenger tomotrrow to go back to PP !! ?? When they arrived the next morning, the boy was crying loudely, i think the borderguards would hear it a mile away. But once in the car, he was the perfect passenger, not a word before PP, if you have a "western" kid in your car for several hours, about 85% of them i want to kick them out of the car the first hour.
Went for some meal on the road (where i find out he never saw a fork or spoon). And once in PP i dropped him with my girl at her family. I asked her, why was he crying before getting in the car, and after he was so quiet ?? The answer was: he wanted to see the big city of PP but his mom didnt !! ?? Exactly the opposite what i thaught. He went to school in PP and tries to study english. As i didnt speak with my ex without being drunk (she and/or me), i have no idea how he is doing in the big city now. All this happened in 2017 !! Big kidnapping !!
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Good news at last !
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Fri May 20, 2022 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:09 am I could be completely wrong
Spot on, well done, if true, then you are/were, indeed. Creepy, too. Should i add utterly
Spoiler:
?
Just wow.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic