Will Elon Musk Takeover Twitter One Way or Another?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Will Elon Musk takeover Twitter one way or another?

YES
79%
NO
21%

Total votes: 34
roadman
Expatriate

Re: Will Elon Musk Takeover Twitter One Way or Another?

Post by roadman »

Facebook next, please.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Well now this same research group, partnered with another research group, are saying only 23.42% of Musk’s Twitter followers are fake, changing from the 70.2% they claimed before. Nothing but fucking with peoples lives.

If he can’t afford Twitter on his own he sure in the hell can’t afford Facebook.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Doc67 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:08 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:58 pm There is talk that Musk could get badly burned. He has already borrowed against his TSLA stock which is down 17% in the last month. If TSLA's price drops below circa 740, the margin calls are likely to start.
On Tuesday 10th Tesla share price broke $800. Wednesday 11th it went to $734 and Thursday 12th as went as low as $681 before recovering but couldn't hold above $740. Friday 13th he pulled out.

I think greater powers than Musk were at work and he has been scuppered. TWTR now down to $37 and looking like heading further south. I wonder how much that 9% owes him?

I'm afraid his stock won't be the only one taking a huge nosedive in coming months, but we'll see.

I'm all for Elon Musk buying Twitter, but they've also accused him of breaking their NDA, as they told him they only check 100 accounts when looking for bots, and he publicly revealed that. Maybe not the biggest deal in the world, but that's pretty specific info, and if he signed an NDA then it sounds like he should be saying fuck all that was privately revealed to him about the company.

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:05 am

This is whole thing is hilarious; 401k plans be dammed

Haha, the BEST part is when the dude shows him an email from Twitter telling them all to 'be careful of Project Veritas, as they're actively dating Twitter execs to record private conversations' and tells his undercover date about it, even saying something like, 'luckily we met organically or I would be worried about what I've been telling you,' lol. That takes the fucking cake!

So Twitter has already admitted giving inflated active user numbers, and may be lying about the huge number of bots, and Musk might have broken an NDA. Who knows how this will end up, but I'm at least glad the spotlight has been put on Twitter like it is.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:58 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:08 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:58 pm There is talk that Musk could get badly burned. He has already borrowed against his TSLA stock which is down 17% in the last month. If TSLA's price drops below circa 740, the margin calls are likely to start.
On Tuesday 10th Tesla share price broke $800. Wednesday 11th it went to $734 and Thursday 12th as went as low as $681 before recovering but couldn't hold above $740. Friday 13th he pulled out.

I think greater powers than Musk were at work and he has been scuppered. TWTR now down to $37 and looking like heading further south. I wonder how much that 9% owes him?

I'm afraid his stock won't be the only one taking a huge nosedive in coming months, but we'll see.

I'm all for Elon Musk buying Twitter, but they've also accused him of breaking their NDA, as they told him they only check 100 accounts when looking for bots, and he publicly revealed that. Maybe not the biggest deal in the world, but that's pretty specific info, and if he signed an NDA then it sounds like he should be saying fuck all that was privately revealed to him about the company.

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:05 am

This is whole thing is hilarious; 401k plans be dammed

Haha, the BEST part is when the dude shows him an email from Twitter telling them all to 'be careful of Project Veritas, as they're actively dating Twitter execs to record private conversations' and tells his undercover date about it, even saying something like, 'luckily we met organically or I would be worried about what I've been telling you,' lol. That takes the fucking cake!

So Twitter has already admitted giving inflated active user numbers, and may be lying about the huge number of bots, and Musk might have broken an NDA. Who knows how this will end up, but I'm at least glad the spotlight has been put on Twitter like it is.
Yeah, I noticed that. WTF is "organically"? This twisted use of language because it's the latest trend is very irritating. And it didn't do it any good because his private organic conversation was injected with growth hormones and gone viral.

Anyway, anyone who dated that genderless metrosexual for research purposes deserves a medal.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Freedom of speech is back and will triumph!

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

He got board approval for this takeover last evening

Of course, that doesn't mean that he will acquire Twitter

But it appears far more likely than not at this stage
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

The richest man the world has every produced will soon be the sole purveyor of free speech.

Everybody fine with that?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

xandreu wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:06 pm The richest man the world has every produced will soon be the sole purveyor of free speech.

He's not the richest man ever, by quite some margin

I am curious to see what effect he has on Twitter, mind you.

The "right to free speech" also isn't a right most of the world over, and I do feel better about Musk owning it than an emirate taking a controlling share, for example

But, time will tell all
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:12 pm
xandreu wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:06 pm The richest man the world has every produced will soon be the sole purveyor of free speech.

He's not the richest man ever, by quite some margin

I am curious to see what effect he has on Twitter, mind you.

The "right to free speech" also isn't a right most of the world over, and I do feel better about Musk owning it than an emirate taking a controlling share, for example

But, time will tell all
I'm not 100% sure if Musk is into this for 'right to free speech for mankind' or 'right of free speech for 'Musk'.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic