What are the good late night bars now?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: What are the good late night bars now?

Post by Bongmab69 »

BobtheBillder wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:35 am Years ago all the drunks, sportos, motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, and dickheads would end up at Howie Bar at 3 a.m.

Where do people go now at that hour?
I HAVE been several times at oscars, after the music has finished, until really late, usually not really busy but nice staff and any music you can put on yourself if they know you !!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

The city has diversified a lot since the days of 51 being the last/only late night stop. For several years now, there have been tons of spots for late night/morning drinks, so it's kind of hard to tell you without knowing what you're after.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Boran's bar on 172 near 19 is a good late night bar. And The Pub on 174, as already mentioned.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Called for a pizza on Street 308 the corner of street 21 being Perie's pizza place relocated from street 51. Bassac Lane area was quite busy with its customers frequenting its many restaurants and bars. Opening times do vairy from place to place I suppose the covid has had the effect on many of the business in most areas of the city. Although there are a few die-hards on street 278, the likes of Duplex Belgian Tavern and the Love Club that open to the early mornings. The Black Cat on street 51 is now also open 24 hours, that was a regular spot I used to frequent many years ago on my first visit to Phnom Penh with a small walk or Tuk-tuk depending on the coordination of the legs at the time from Sharky's Bar on street 126.
There are too many Cambodian watering holes open until early morning, with the likes of the many cocktail bars off to the left of Yothapol Khemarak Phoumin Blvd.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
magicmike
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by magicmike »

What's the nightlife like at the moment ? Has it made a big recovery since covid or is it still pretty dead ?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:05 am Called for a pizza on Street 308 the corner of street 21 being Perie's pizza place relocated from street 51. Bassac Lane area was quite busy with its customers frequenting its many restaurants and bars. Opening times do vairy from place to place I suppose the covid has had the effect on many of the business in most areas of the city. Although there are a few die-hards on street 278, the likes of Duplex Belgian Tavern and the Love Club that open to the early mornings. The Black Cat on street 51 is now also open 24 hours, that was a regular spot I used to frequent many years ago on my first visit to Phnom Penh with a small walk or Tuk-tuk depending on the coordination of the legs at the time from Sharky's Bar on street 126.
There are too many Cambodian watering holes open until early morning, with the likes of the many cocktail bars off to the left of Yothapol Khemarak Phoumin Blvd.
Black Cat still around? Whoa! Plus all the other late night places mentioned. Holy crap. I really need to visit Phnom Penh again soon.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

BobtheBillder wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:29 pm ]

After 1a.m.I don’t like to be bothered by women trying to massage me and asking where I am from
To be honest; it's a chore almost anytime
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

ExPenhMan wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:27 am
AndyKK wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:05 am Called for a pizza on Street 308 the corner of street 21 being Perie's pizza place relocated from street 51. Bassac Lane area was quite busy with its customers frequenting its many restaurants and bars. Opening times do vairy from place to place I suppose the covid has had the effect on many of the business in most areas of the city. Although there are a few die-hards on street 278, the likes of Duplex Belgian Tavern and the Love Club that open to the early mornings. The Black Cat on street 51 is now also open 24 hours, that was a regular spot I used to frequent many years ago on my first visit to Phnom Penh with a small walk or Tuk-tuk depending on the coordination of the legs at the time from Sharky's Bar on street 126.
Black Cat still around? Whoa! Plus all the other late night places mentioned. Holy crap. I really need to visit Phnom Penh again soon.
Black Cat seemed to be open when I have passed by. I have run a bar/restaurant in Koh Kong some years ago. But I am not one for frequently visiting bars, so I am not the best to comment on today's bar scene. Every one to their own, but I am not a $0.50 piss sweet water beer drinker, preferably I go for a good measure of the spirits on offer, but then it means arranging transport to the other side of the river :beer3:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Bar Oz on the riverside.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Bongmab69 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:01 pm
BobtheBillder wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:35 am Years ago all the drunks, sportos, motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, and dickheads would end up at Howie Bar at 3 a.m.

Where do people go now at that hour?
I HAVE been several times at oscars, after the music has finished, until really late, usually not really busy but nice staff and any music you can put on yourself if they know you !!
The bar downstairs is open again, they stay open late as well.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic