famous places to hangout with girls at night time

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: famous places to hangout with girls at night time

Post by alexvanlaar »

Missing the Walkabout times.........
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

alexvanlaar wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:41 pm Missing the Walkabout times.........
Yeah, lot of people's are missing that venue, but in last two years the Walkabout was almost empty.
Boredom is like a shroud
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

cabron wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:22 pm
alexvanlaar wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:41 pm Missing the Walkabout times.........
Yeah, lot of people's are missing that venue, but in last two years the Walkabout was almost empty.
In the last few years of that and Martini's existence I never went near either place. Martini was remarkable because it was the one of the only late night spots for a while. As more venues opened it became less important. It was quite a good fun place to hang out in back in the days when there was f@ck all else going on at that time. They had some good food and a great chilled meats section. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

You don't know what you've got till it's gone.
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:38 am
Satiated Parrot wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:59 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:30 am
scott61 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:48 am
By the way, I've 'discovered' a nice little bar near my apartment, The Golden Vine, 81 Street 108, open until 3 am. (late?) Anyone know it?
Top bar. Drinks cold. Girls friendly and will leave you alone unless you want to hang out. Pool table large and well set. Bar staff don't cheat on tabs they are honest. A place to flirt and can get hot!

Don't tell anyone about it... oops
Golden Vine has been there since about 2005 so it's not exactly a secret. The owner used to cook for Sharkeys I think, she did really good roast dinners at Golden Vine for a while.
Wasn't the owner an Aussie guy? I recall meeting him at the Pickled Parrot years ago.
I met him briefly at the Ettamogah Pub in 2000. I think he had just left the Australian Army and was hanging out with another Aussie guy whose name I think was R*y. I might be confused here, but I think R*y was driving Pol Pots' old Benz.

Pretty sure Golden Vine started not so long after that.
Smiley Paul was the Aussie ex de-miner who started Golden Vine. His Mrs who ran the bar kept him on a tight leash.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:49 pm
cabron wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:22 pm
In the last few years of that and Martini's existence I never went near either place. Martini was remarkable because it was the one of the only late night spots for a while. As more venues opened it became less important. It was quite a good fun place to hang out in back in the days when there was f@ck all else going on at that time. They had some good food and a great chilled meats section. 8-)
I went to Martinis a few times near it's end; it was very tame - lots of young families getting pizza and chinese food and bartenders with very lad style english accents and mannerisms - big screen for football or movies with the soundproofed dancefloor tucked off in an insulated corner and tiny guy at the door
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

scott61 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:22 am You don't know what you've got till it's gone.
You actually haven't got it, when its gone. Where the subject is concerned, you've got nothing.

Can it be that life was all so simple then? Or has time rewritten every line? I was wondering: If we had the chance to do it all again, tell me, would we? Could we?
Memories, eh. When thought about, they may be beautiful, and yet, what's too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget. Could it be... no

"Cause the drinks bring back all the memories..." ;-)

You guys have systematically hijacked this thread, that specifically requested where to go these days, not those days.

The OP doesn't even read the thread any more.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:37 pm The OP doesn't even read the thread any more.
He's probably gone Walkabout looking for Martinis.

:facepalm:
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

Yes, it was once the only place in town where You could get eggs & bacon 24/7. Decent food at ok prices. And some interesting clientell.

I never found it boring, but then I did not visit the place the last 2 years prior to closure.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Tommie wrote:
Yes, it was once the only place in town where You could get eggs & bacon 24/7. Decent food at ok prices. And some interesting clientell.

I never found it boring, but then I did not visit the place the last 2 years prior to closure.
I paid a lady not stop smoking while I was enjoying my late lunch. She was surprised, but did it. Best non-lady drink non-bar fine spent.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic