Two Africans and a Cambodian Busted Sending Books Full of Drugs to Australia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Two Africans and a Cambodian Busted Sending Books Full of Drugs to Australia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Took them one year to figure out she was just working in the place? Well played competent authorities, now she just need to pay for the food she had in prison and she's free to go back to the KTV :good:
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Two Africans and a Cambodian Busted Sending Books Full of Drugs to Australia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On May 9, 2022, two sentences of 30 years in prison for trafficking 1.5Kg of illegal drugs in 2020 for two foreign nationals were upheld in Phnom Penh Court.
The convicts were identified as Nigerian men, Odadimma Ingwlinus, 30 years old, and Cotel Adul, 39 years old. They were arrested on October 8, 2020.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
daiquiri
Expatriate
Germany

Post by daiquiri »

I always wonder why those packages always wight slightly less than a kilo.

I mean if I'd buy a kilo of such a chemical waste product I would at least expect 10gr free on top of it. How much of a cheap Charlie one has to be to cheat kilo buyers out of 7 gramms lol...
Gosh even my 10 euro bags of weed come with 10% free bonus usually (europe).

I can't imagine that there are legal limits reasoning this phenomena at this range...

But what do I know, never have been a kilo buyer myself
CSS
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by CSS »

daiquiri wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:19 pm I always wonder why those packages always wight slightly less than a kilo.

I mean if I'd buy a kilo of such a chemical waste product I would at least expect 10gr free on top of it. How much of a cheap Charlie one has to be to cheat kilo buyers out of 7 gramms lol...

I can't imagine that there are legal limits reasoning this phenomena at this range...

The sentencing in most countries is determined by the quantity, often a kilo, quantity limit greatly increases penalty.
:D :D :D
Cheers
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

Of all the things you could possibly send from Cambodia to Australia, surely books comes at or very close to the bottom. What numpties!
daiquiri
Expatriate
Germany

Post by daiquiri »

CSS wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:04 am
daiquiri wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:19 pm I always wonder why those packages always wight slightly less than a kilo.

The sentencing in most countries is determined by the quantity, often a kilo, quantity limit greatly increases penalty.
Makes sense somehow, just got curious because often the amount is then again round about in the articles again, and I would assume a few grams make less difference than 'other circumstances', but what do I know...
Cambo Dear wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:29 am Of all the things you could possibly send from Cambodia to Australia, surely books comes at or very close to the bottom. What numpties!
:ROFL:

Well, don't underestimate the historic and actual value and resale price of cheap 2010 lonely planet copies that still mention the lakeside haha
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

That's a Harsh sentence.
I wonder how many times they pulled it off before getting caught
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

One of the convicts, Cotel, a Nigerian Sierra Leonen, is the same age today as he was 19 months ago. So, all going well, he'll still be 39 when he gets out. He doesn't look 158, so February 29 is out.

They're not shy in handing out these hefty sentences, possibly because neighbouring countries have the death penalty, and lashings that have to heal in a jail.

It's all very depressing. Behave.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Sirhaden1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:02 am That's a Harsh sentence.
Sends a strong message to other low life scum.
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

Grand Barong wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:59 am
Sirhaden1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:02 am That's a Harsh sentence.
Sends a strong message to other low life scum.
Hehe!
Asif the 'strong message' has ever worked.

P.s. guys how can I go visit this dude? Bring him some cash etc

[Mod edited]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic