Where to next?... Australia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Where to next?... Australia?

Post by Tootsfriend »

roadman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:39 am Tootsfriend, I think the minimum wage is 27 AUD now. I know some Khmers here working on farms, they usually get around 23 AUD hourly when paid cash.
As stated earlier, accommodation is the major obstacle. Maybe buying a minivan like a Kombi and living out of that is the cheapest option.

That is why I suggested Backpackers Accommodation. You have a place to stay, transport to the job and jobs arranged for you. Farms are so desparate for workers, several times this 75 year old pensioner was offered work of all types on fruit and veg farm's.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

I think Australia is in for a bit of pain over the next few years.
Inflation is through the roof, fuel, interest rate rises. If Albo wins the election next week he is pushing for a 5.1% wage increase which will force businesses to shut up shop or cut staff. I'd play it by ear & sit tight for now.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Khmu Nation wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:02 am I wouldn't recommend Australia. They handled Covid in the manner of a totalitarian regime, it's a cultural backwater, the weather or more to the point the sun is horrendous and its not much more than a few generic faux European cities on the edge of a massive desert.

Edit: No offence intended to any aussies on here. Just a personal opinion. I hated the place. My least favorite country I have ever visited.
Tassie is beautiful
And the art museum is one of the best in the world
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Tassie?

You wouldn't have a map of Tassie you could share, would you? Could help the OP decide for or against.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Aussie website for those seeking work >> https://www.seek.com.au/
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Username Taken wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:45 pm Tassie?

You wouldn't have a map of Tassie you could share, would you? Could help the OP decide for or against.
I don’t think we have the same map in mind.

Mine
Spoiler:
Yours
Spoiler:
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

violet wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:59 pm

Mine
Spoiler:
Yours
Spoiler:
I hear there are a few devils in the area.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

And a few dirty old men from the sound of it? :ROFL:
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

violet wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:59 pm

Mine
Spoiler:
Yours
Spoiler:
No, on the whole, I think he cracked it. You might give Boobs Flat a miss and head south to Big Bush and get directions to Tonguers Point. Before you know it, you're in Lake Fanny.
Although, you might not even make it if you get stuck in Mount Fatigue or you have problems with Windy Saddle.

Fair dinkum, if you wanna root a sheila in Straya, you got buckleys, wearing budgie smugglers while cooking the snags on the barbie; you're dreamin'! Hooroo
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic