Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Re: Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Inspirada wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:00 am
cabron wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:24 am
daeum_tnaot wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:32 pm I used Pasteur Institute which went well but it is a little bit crowded and had to wait to start the test.

If others have confidence in the other places they could probably save time by going there.
I was at Pasteur on Apr 18 for PCR-test, everything went well and swift about 20 minutes in and out. I got the negative cert the next morning (0.800) the charge was $80.
I heard for Pasteur one must book at least 3 weeks in advance is that true?
I think it depends what kind of test you need. I needed only the ART or RAT test, for which you can just walk in to get the test (check on timings). There were many people waiting though, which is why it took a little bit longer.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Post by cabron »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:11 pm
Inspirada wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:00 am
cabron wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:24 am
daeum_tnaot wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:32 pm I used Pasteur Institute which went well but it is a little bit crowded and had to wait to start the test.

If others have confidence in the other places they could probably save time by going there.
I was at Pasteur on Apr 18 for PCR-test, everything went well and swift about 20 minutes in and out. I got the negative cert the next morning (0.800) the charge was $80.
I heard for Pasteur one must book at least 3 weeks in advance is that true?
That is correct, you need advanced online booking, they recommend at least two week for any Covid-19 tests.

I think it depends what kind of test you need. I needed only the ART or RAT test, for which you can just walk in to get the test (check on timings). There were many people waiting though, which is why it took a little bit longer.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic