Translation help!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Re: Translation help!

Post by scott61 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:07 am
scott61 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:37 am Better go back to saying 'cheers' instead of 'choy moi' when I bump beer glasses. I thought it meant 'bump one' not mother fucker. I thought everyone was just laughing at my pronunciation :beer1:
haha yeah Cheers is "Joul/Choul Mouy" but you do have to watch your pronunciation as it is similar haha
I see. :hattip: Google translate threw up បុកមួយ។ bok muoy for 'bump one'.

To me, not being a real ex-pat and only overwintering in Cambodia the Khmer language doesn't sound like the translation.
I used to say 'chok-a-moy' but still got a hilarious response.

Better stick to English... 'bottoms up old chap' or more suggestively, 'up bottoms girls'... :beer3:
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

scott61 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:34 pm
scott61 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:37 am Better go back to saying 'cheers' instead of 'choy moi' when I bump beer glasses. I thought it meant 'bump one' not mother fucker. I thought everyone was just laughing at my pronunciation :beer1:
haha yeah Cheers is "Joul/Choul Mouy" but you do have to watch your pronunciation as it is similar haha

To me, not being a real ex-pat and only overwintering in Cambodia the Khmer language doesn't sound like the translation.

Better stick to English... 'bottoms up old chap' or more suggestively, 'up bottoms girls'... :beer3:
haha being english, i usually say "Dak" a lot, basically means "bottoms up" or "FINISH IT!" say it when you cheers, Khmer binge drinking :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Thanx alot for your expertise and the invitation for it , if there ever is an urgent need for it . 😉
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:01 pm
scott61 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:34 pm

haha being english, i usually say "Dak" a lot, basically means "bottoms up" or "FINISH IT!" say it when you cheers, Khmer binge drinking :beer3:
Dak... thank you! I'll say that from now on... even I can remember that :hattip:
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:16 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:ចុយម៉ែ - Joy Mai - Motherfucker :beer3: ps. get it somewhere discreet hahaha
Amazon has you covered.

Wear it proudly on your visit to the Kingdom of Wonder.

Just kidding.
It would make no sense , to anybody ..
unless the person reading it couldn’t spell either and accepted this t-shirt as the real deal .
Why wont anybody stand up to these infidels and tell them there is no silent R in sa’aat or pow ( bao) is not spelled POV
And the million other accepted spelling mistakes
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

The song about going to school made me remember Thailand a lot

I think 40 minutes in

Yea I got loads of time to kill

I was nuts about thailand when I lived there

I been transplanted