American Change?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: American Change?

Post by StroppyChops »

Any Aussies remember the trial run of $5 coins some years back? Almost none of them hit circulation, scooped up for collections. Also, has anyone seen the $200 merchant coin?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

StroppyChops wrote: Also, has anyone seen the $200 merchant coin?
I've never heard of a coin so valuable. Not in circulation I'm guessing?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:
StroppyChops wrote: Also, has anyone seen the $200 merchant coin?
I've never heard of a coin so valuable. Not in circulation I'm guessing?
No, for bank use only - not circulated AFAIK although some are on the market for collectors.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
jimsocks
Expatriate

Post by jimsocks »

no coins. not just american. i had a whole bunch of thai coins no one would take. biggest pet peeve with poipet. cambodia town but only accepts baht.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

I was hoping this thread would be about the other kind of change - anyone else?
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

The US government has tried the dollar coin so many times and each time they are setting in warehouses collecting dust (at tax payer expense.) In days of yore, the US had $10 and $20 gold pieces. Obama-Iben-Lying is printing and giving away $100. bills so fast that the US mints printing machines can't keep up. Our neighbors in the Great White North (Canada) have the Loony ( only they could think that one up.) And the Ruble is now being used as toilet paper world wide.(as the US dollar will be in the not to distant future.)
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

"As long as Clinton isn't the Pres. on them your OK."

Uncle Bill was the best president in recent memory and beyond. And remains great guy.
So effective was he that the Repubs were reduced to chasing his dick around the country for the better part of 2 1/2 years and bringing the business of the country to a substantial halt while doing so. This was their notion of being in opposition. Peeping Toms, the lot of them.
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

i'll buy US and Thai coins at some discount. PM me.
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

(as the US dollar will be in the not to distant future.)

Since Obie the Mud Lamb, as you might characterize him, has been president the dollar is up 15 to 20%.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic