Overnight Bus to Vietnam?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Overnight Bus to Vietnam?

Post by cabron »

chkwoot wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:11 pm No. The border closed at 5 pm. I don't think that border crossing is even open yet because of Covid, but I could be wrong. Never ever take a night bus in SEA, imho.
Smart advice :nono:
Boredom is like a shroud
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Very off topic, but from 17th April you can fly direct from Cambodia to Hanoi with Cambodia Airlines

Prior to Covid this was a journey that went via HCMC or Vientiane and I was surprised that a direct route didn't exist.

The catch is it will cost you $437 and it only flies on Thursdays and Sundays.

https://www.cambodiaangkorair.com/
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

what does one need to enter vietnam other than and evisa? already have had 3 shots
this the correct site:
https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/
I read that a health declration form is needed in advance as well>
where do i apply for that?

Hat Tien border open
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:53 pm what does one need to enter vietnam other than and evisa? already have had 3 shots
this the correct site:

Hat Tien border open
Health declaration is no longer necessary since the 27 of April according to the press.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

hanno wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:45 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:53 pm what does one need to enter vietnam other than and evisa? already have had 3 shots
this the correct site:

Hat Tien border open
Health declaration is no longer necessary since the 27 of April according to the press.
Hanno is correct. @phuketrichard, it's simple: PCR test less then 72 hours or authorized ATK test less than 24 hours before boarding and minimum US$10,000 insurance (Luma Health = $45). Now some claim on Vietnam Legal Group FB pages that they were never asked for proof of COVID insurance on arrival. Anyway, I've got my COVID insurance because I'm staying a month. Leaving next Monday for SGN. I got my e-visa ($25) in under 3 days, as promised.

Here are full details on requirements, which was published 2 days before Vietnam scrapped the health declaration:

https://en.vietnamplus.vn/detailed-entr ... 225225.vnp

Link to Luma Health, fully approvd by VN gov:

https://vietnampass.lumahealth.com/?b=0 ... 99661991f5
Last edited by ExPenhMan on Tue May 03, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

thanks
i read on Kampot fb that they give the test at the border>?
true or?
....Those who enter Vietnam by road, railway, or sea can take a test before their departure like air passengers if their travel duration is short. Meanwhile, they need to take a test at ports of entry if their travel duration is long.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:58 pm thanks
i read on Kampot fb that they give the test at the border>?
true or?
....Those who enter Vietnam by road, railway, or sea can take a test before their departure like air passengers if their travel duration is short. Meanwhile, they need to take a test at ports of entry if their travel duration is long.
I don't know of any reports at land border gate, but this graphic, also published before the end of the health declaration, shows you can get a COVID test at the gate. But why not get a negative test result (PCR or not-self-test ATK) before you cross?

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

concerning those self test ATK.
i borught a few in PP . do u just test urselve and than what?
show them the test?
just aksing, 'safe travels
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:08 pm concerning those self test ATK.
i borught a few in PP . do u just test urselve and than what?
show them the test?
just aksing, 'safe travels
Sorry, nope, can NOT do self-test. Has to be administered by a health professional with official stamp. They are cheaper than PCR test, of course.

This is from the link I posted above:
- Those who enter Vietnam by road, railway, or sea can take a test before their departure like air passengers if their travel duration is short. Meanwhile, they need to take a test at ports of entry if their travel duration is long.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

I am interested in current buses either Ha Tien or Bavet/Moc Bai. Any word recently on which companies are doing these routes and if they are still asking silly money? Coming to Cambodia in June for a month and would like to do a month in VN after.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic