Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Do you support Russia or Ukraine in this conflict?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Russia
18%
Ukraine
73%
It's a hoax
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 79
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Do you support Ukraine or Russia?

Post by pootylicious »

hdgh29 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:05 am When I hear Zelenski (a failed actor / comedian) bleating, and when I hear all the reports about atrocities by Russian troops (raping mothers in front of their children, massacring whole villages etc) I am reminded of the WW1 propaganda, German troops bayoneting babies and such like. As for new s stories about Putin being a blood crazed mad man,that is entirely contrary to what the world has seen of him i the last 20 years. He has always come across as an intelligent, thoughtful leader, who had the measure of Trump in the first 5 minutes of meeting him, and is well known for his calm demeanor. But we only hear one side of the story, which historically has always been slanted against Russia. And lets not forget, this conflict is big biccies for the arms industry in the US. They aint giving all those weapons for free, thats for sure. War is hell, people die. The US has more blood on their hands in the last two centuries than Russia ever will have.
Well i agreed w the everything above but... I believe PRC & USSR have 60-70 mil civilians killed combined. unless counting abortions when did the US empire reach over 30 million civilians killed? and if youre counting abortions those first two empires have millions as well. The US only became started becoming an empire around the turn of century, what bloodshed does the US have the Russians don't?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Counting abortions? Why stop there? You could include road deaths, homicides, suicide, accidents and deaths from poor health care systems.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Ukrainian soldier says Elon Musk's Starlink satellites 'changed the war in Ukraine's favor' as they're helping
troops stay online amid Russian strikes

A Ukrainian soldier said that Elon Musk's Starlink satellites "changed the war in Ukraine's favor" because they
were helping troops stay online amid Russian strikes on Ukrainian infrastructure.

The soldier's comments were reported by the British freelance journalist David Patrikarakos, who was reporting
from the Ukrainian city of Dnipro.

"I want to say one thing: Elon Musk's Starlink is what changed the war in Ukraine's favor," said Dima, who said he
had been fighting alongside Ukrainian forces since March, according to Patrikarakos.

"Russia went out of its way to blow up all our comms. Now they can't. Starlink works under Katyusha fire, under
artillery fire. It even works in Mariupol," Dima said, per Patrikarakos.

As of last month, more than 5,000 Starlink internet terminals have been active in the country, The Washington
Post reported. Fedorov told The Post that Starlink has proved "very effective" for Ukraine amid the invasion.

The satellites have directly assisted Ukrainian forces in combat.

The Times of London reported last month that an elite Ukrainian drone unit is using Starlink to destroy dozens of Russian targets in the night time.

"If we use a drone with thermal vision at night, the drone must connect through Starlink to the artillery guy and
create target acquisition," the leader of the unit told The Times.
https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... ier-2022-4
LoukBongThom
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by LoukBongThom »

Rumor has that Putin is undergone a cancer surgery:
https://nypost.com/2022/05/02/vladimir- ... fer-power/

I think the way this war is going only accelerates the spread of this discease. Kamar is brutal. His temporary substitue is also well known as an outright villian.

The other news is that the Russian Army Chief of Staff got wounded from Ukranian shelling in an eastern Ukranian town in Donbas region. Putin sent this top military general to the front line to secure the victory. I see this is a desperate attempt from Putin. No wonder so many Russian generals have been killed in this war so far. They were all in the front lines and battlefields.
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

LoukBongThom wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:08 am Rumor has that Putin is undergone a cancer surgery:
https://nypost.com/2022/05/02/vladimir- ... fer-power/

I think the way this war is going only accelerates the spread of this discease. Kamar is brutal. His temporary substitue is also well known as an outright villian.

The other news is that the Russian Army Chief of Staff got wounded from Ukranian shelling in an eastern Ukranian town in Donbas region. Putin sent this top military general to the front line to secure the victory. I see this is a desperate attempt from Putin. No wonder so many Russian generals have been killed in this war so far. They were all in the front lines and battlefields.
Sounds like pure speculation, not to say bullshit, to me. All reports I could find are by dubious tabloids like the dailymail or the nypost that refer to a mysterious telegram channel. :no:
LoukBongThom
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by LoukBongThom »

bong.kuit wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:43 am Sounds like pure speculation, not to say bullshit, to me. All reports I could find are by dubious tabloids like the dailymail or the nypost that refer to a mysterious telegram channel. :no:
True. But, there are many sites were saying the same thing. When was the last time we heard something with definite certainty related to Putin? :-)

Australian site below:
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/le ... 2e3ac41e4d
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

LoukBongThom wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:48 am
bong.kuit wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:43 am Sounds like pure speculation, not to say bullshit, to me. All reports I could find are by dubious tabloids like the dailymail or the nypost that refer to a mysterious telegram channel. :no:
True. But, there are many sites were saying the same thing. When was the last time we heard something with definite certainty related to Putin? :-)

Australian site below:
The first thing that dies in a war is the truth, or so they say. I find it honestly pretty irritating how the media is going mental over the war, be it to make money or publish propaganda. I don't remember this level of brainwashing in any other war during my lifetime. There is e.g. a NATO-member involved in another war of aggression since a few days, contrary to international law obviously, and it is only rarely mentioned, if then very shortly, in the news.

There is a lot to learn at the moment, without operation desert storm, eeh, i mean the special operation in Ukraine, I wouldn't have digged into think tanks, communication strategies, etc.. It's as fascinating as it is frightening how the masses are manipulated.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

LoukBongThom wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:48 am

Australian site below:
And the source for the Australian site >> https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18356517/ ... rs-easter/
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Saw in the news that Putin might formally declare war on Ukraine in May during the annual parade.

This would then allow Russia to fully mobilize to feed more troops into Ukraine.

Translation. The war will continue.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:00 pm Saw in the news that Putin might formally declare war on Ukraine in May during the annual parade.

This would then allow Russia to fully mobilize to feed more troops into Ukraine.

Translation. The war will continue.
There’s been discussion about this for several weeks, now, though yet to happen. I wonder what the pros and cons are, for both sides?

That aside, given their recent track record, it would as likely be for keeping Russia onside (in-line) internally, and heating up the rhetoric. They’re the only people (for this, also the former Soviet slaves in Belorussian and Chechnya) that believe their own propaganda. But as living ex-POWs are fed back to their families and into society, with their tales of reality vs putin’s reality, it would be reasonable to expect internal stability to be at risk. Nationalistic fervour would be better than having the poor people asking why? Gotta keep the serfs inline.
That’s assuming that surviving POWs aren’t treated as anything other than traitors, cowards, deserters, disloyal, 5th columnists, or simply in breach of contract!

But what would be fed into the war machine? There’s been little or nothing decisive so far, except maybe the sinking of the Moskva.
It appears that many of the troops were given less than minimum initial training. Many/most are conscripts, then erroneously lured by a ‘contract’, but the common theme is continual deception right up until they crossed the border.
Their own phoney war, during which the fragility of their logistics started to show before the shooting even began in earnest.

A significant amount of their highest technology has been damaged and destroyed. Some of that will be repaired, once what’s left of their comrades has been hosed out, but is going to be at best only as good as the first time it failed.
Their materiel spares are being used, and replenishment badly compromised. The source of fresh meat is the same one that already supplied the initial ranks.

If they’ve got a well disciplined, professional, capable standing army available to mobilize, they may have been better advised to use them while they still had some grade A kit to equip them with.
In two long months, what might have been one of the biggest military capabilities has been reduced to a war of attrition against a much smaller but better disciplined opponent. An opponent well versed in tactics and capabilities that they themselves would have been employing were they still part of the Soviet machine.

Historically, there are parallels with the issues that Tsarist Russia was affected by, 100-120 years ago.
Forget May. Maybe the date they need to focus on is the October revolution.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic